“Beautiful Location / Great Getaway Pkg.”

Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westbrook
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have gone to Water's Edge with the "Night to Remember" package.
The pkg is a King room, and a $100.00 credit to use for dinner, brunch, bar or spa - all for $214.00 0 including taxes.
The place is located right on the sound with a small beach you can walk and pick up shells.
The rooms are big and most impt., clean.
The dinner is excellent - limited choices but all quality dishes.
You can use the $100.00 credit up real fast at dinner if u want.
The Sunday brunch was very good as well.

If your looking to getaway for a night or two,relax, at a great value at a great place - try Water's Edge.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe C
Anthony A, Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review with our Trip Advisor community. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our Night to Remember package a great value for your getaway at the resort.

We look forward to you visiting us again when the weather is a little warmer!

All the best in your future travels!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were in the Westbrook area, and stopped to check out this resort . This hotel is not pet friendly so we will not be able to stay here with our well trained and well traveled Jack Russell, Zoey. The Hotel should consider allowing pets, so they will then open up their hotel to more than half of travelers! So we decided to go in and have a drink. The bartender was great, she made us fresh Bloody Mary mix to enjoy with our delicious
Asparagus soup. The view from our table in the bar was fantastic! We will be sure to stop again for a drink, even if we can not stay, due to the Hotels outdated policy on pets.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

we have gone to the Waters Edge for the last 4 years for their New Year Eve overnight package, we add on additional nights as well. The food, service, rooms and the NYE party are wonderful. I am looking forward to NYE 2015.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Was able to use this through Interval timeshare. Large unit with fireplace, living and dining area, and comfortable bed. Read the reviews before going - wasn't exactly sure but needed a winter get away. First impression driving up was great - well decorated lighting, nice looking buildings, and was surprised when I checked in (still a little day light) to see the Ocean staring at me it was nice. Ate dinner in the dining room that nice. Ryan the server was very nice and informative. GF had a salad with chicken and liked it a lot. I had the seafood risotto which was plentiful and tasty. Went to bar afterwards for a couple of Bailey's - while not cheap it was a decent pour and worth it. Last night we went to bar restaurant for dinner. Again were both pleased. Server named Regina was impressive. Young but what you would expect from an experience waitperson, she did all the right things. I have to say enjoyed the visit. Only suggestion to owners would be to update the bar and dining area - I don't think it would take much and would make it more inviting. Nothing wrong with it other than needing some modernization. Thanks for a nice visit. All the other staff were very nice and pleasant. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank westsidebernie
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been to this spa resort for a wedding or two. Always very impressive. However I had an opportunity to attend a conference overnight. I was not disappointed. The staff was excellent!, The food was amazing. The room was clean. I did not have a water view but didn't expect to. If I had to find something to complain about it would be the sheets. They were rough as in industrial. I can't remember having sheets in an upscale hotel that were not soft. Like I said I am being picky.
The friendly staff made up for anything trivial. Especially in the restaurant . I never had more than 2 sips out of my water glass and someone was right there filling it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We made reservations for a quickie overnight monotony breaker from the woes of the city. We booked a special deal: room $214 for the night with a $100 food credit anywhere on the property. We read about the #1 ranked brunch and thought- good deal.
The reviews about poor customer service concerned me but I figured- it's one night.
Good news- the customer service was perfect. From front door man, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant staff- EVERYONE had a "good day" wish and smile on their face. (perhaps in the busier summer months they hire kids who are not trained enough- but no complaints here)
The room was more than spacious and the movie menu was FANTASTIC. Movies still in theaters were available for $16.99 (cheaper than 2 people going to the movies).
The setting is beautiful and our room faced the Sound- lovely and the balcony in the summer would make it even more so.
The average news was the brunch. It was certainly reasonable at $35.00 pp. The problem is that one must go down 2 flights of stairs to get from table to buffet - strange and difficult to coordinate with plates.
The brunch had everything anyone would want but it's an immediate turnoff to me when you tout mounds of fresh shrimp and they are those small mushy ones that are totally unappetizing. The room is beautiful with a view of the sound but no shades on the all windowed area- not fun with the sun in your eyes.
And the great news- you are a mile from Tanger Outlets with some really great stores and typical outlet "values"..
We did not use the Spa services but to be honest, they didn't look that luxurious on the 2nd floor mixed in among guest rooms.
In spite of this sounding like a mediocre review- we enjoyed the getaway and would return. I would eat breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: a balcony overlooking the sound is ideal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerusalemjunkie
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent two nights here with my best girlfriend recently. While the room was lovely, with a balcony overlooking the Long Island Sound, the resort could really improve in their attention to detail and customer service. Specifically, when we arrived, the door to our room was not fully closed, in fact, we walked right in without using the key- housekeeping had simply not pulled the door closed. Second, the desk did not advise us that our premium room was in close vicinity to the bar. This meant loud music from 9-midnight on Saturday night! Very loud. When we called the front desk to inquire as to why they didn't inform us of this at check-in they simply replied that the band ends at midnight. We requested earplugs. They did not have any earplugs! Finally, the sauna in the women's locker room was "out of order". Another guest remarked it had been that way for some time. For the price ($259/night in January) you might expect more attention to detail and service.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room far from the bar/club!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maxwellpants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Old Saybrook

Been to Water's Edge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!