“Three Words...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Andre Iodice's dream of opening a family owned and operated regional Italian restaurant lives on with Finalmente Trattoria! Located in downtown Westport, CT just blocks away from the Westport Playhouse - it's the perfect place for an intimate dinner before or after your show! The combination of Andre and Guido's dedication to their customers, exceptional service, and delicate preparation of food has created the "Finalmente Family." "We enjoy long-lasting relationships with our customers and we are here to make our customers happy!"
Trumbull
“Three Words...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Mozzarella in carozza-I've never had a more unusual & crave worthy appetizer (egg battered mozzarella stuffed bread with anchovy butter sauce). But that was just the beginning of a wonderful meal in a small, intimate trattoria that you definitely must try! Just be aware there is no sit down bar.

1 Thank gardenweasel

New York City, New York
“HAD HOPED FR SOMETHING BETTER”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Maybe I had a bad day; or maybe they did but after hearing it was great I found a plain restaurant with their too many settings in too small a place with too little pizzazz and a lunch which was equally uninspiring.
May go back for dinner and test their pasta before I write it off as the owner and staff appeared to want to try.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank venamo
Orange, CT.
“Outstanding Tuscan Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This restaurant is fantastic and I owe it to Trip Advisor.
Ambience lovely and intimate. It was not that noisy for a Saturday night with every table occupied.
Menu was great. We had Swordfish, Halibut, and Osso Bucco among the four of us and we all raved about our dishes. The food was hot and the ingredients fresh and tasty. The portions were perfect size. The selection of appetizers was wonderful and well prepared.
The service was outstanding with the owner and his wife taking care to see that each table was satisfied with their meals. The wait staff was great too with well coordinated presentation and attentiveness. I can't imagine anyone not liking Finalmente Trattoria. It was GREAT!!

2 Thank marrs5
Weston, CT
“Excellant food and wine; good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I have been there several times and never been disappointed. Good wine, good drinks and food that is truly Italian in flavor and presentation. Our "go to" place when we want to go somewhere special.
My favorite dish is the black squid ink pasta with scallops, etc. Wonderful!

• Visited February 2014
Westport, Connecticut
“Ya know that song by Billy Joel...Italian Restuarant? Melodic comfort in this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Wow! Hands down the best Italian food I've had outside of NYC.

We started with the escargot which were savory and perfectly prepared the delicate flavor was nicely complimented with just the right seasoning and didn't overpower the delicate flavor. As an entrée I loved the Saltimbocca Alla Romana - sautéed veal with prosciutto, again the dish was masterfully prepared. The veal was perfectly cooked and the flavors complimented each other, not an easy task with prosciutto and a sauce. My girlfriend had Pollo all Scarpariello - sautéed chicken: I wan't particularly interested in what seemed a rather simple dish, but again I was pleasantly surprised by the cooking and seasoning of this dish.

The waiter and service was very friendly and attentive. He was knowledgeable and made great recommendations. This guy loves Italy and actually had some great recommendations for traveling too!

I love dining out (a.k.a. eating) and am always looking for "the best" in terms of flavors and general comfort. If you want legitimate old world Italian, pay a visit, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited January 2014