“Delightful little gem!”

Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andre Iodice's dream of opening a family owned and operated regional Italian restaurant lives on with Finalmente Trattoria! Located in downtown Westport, CT just blocks away from the Westport Playhouse - it's the perfect place for an intimate dinner before or after your show! The combination of Andre and Guido's dedication to their customers, exceptional service, and delicate preparation of food has created the "Finalmente Family." "We enjoy long-lasting relationships with our customers and we are here to make our customers happy!"
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Yesterday, I had lunch in this delightful little gem, together with eight other women. The staff couldn't have been more courteous or helpful. The food was delicious! They started us off with a basket of interesting bread, together with an olive tapenade. I, together with two others, ordered the Bucatini Carbonara. I love Carbonara, and have had it many times in the past, but this was absolutely the best I've ever had. We all ordered the smaller portion for $12, and wished we had ordered the larger one ($19). The other women all enjoyed what they ordered. I had never been to Finalmente before, but expect to return for dinner, as well as lunch. The restaurant is small, but the tables are set apart from each other, and we felt that we had a "private party."

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Mozzarella in carozza-I've never had a more unusual & crave worthy appetizer (egg battered mozzarella stuffed bread with anchovy butter sauce). But that was just the beginning of a wonderful meal in a small, intimate trattoria that you definitely must try! Just be aware there is no sit down bar.

1  Thank gardenweasel
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Maybe I had a bad day; or maybe they did but after hearing it was great I found a plain restaurant with their too many settings in too small a place with too little pizzazz and a lunch which was equally uninspiring.
May go back for dinner and test their pasta before I write it off as the owner and staff appeared to want to try.

1  Thank venamo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This restaurant is fantastic and I owe it to Trip Advisor.
Ambience lovely and intimate. It was not that noisy for a Saturday night with every table occupied.
Menu was great. We had Swordfish, Halibut, and Osso Bucco among the four of us and we all raved about our dishes. The food was hot and the ingredients fresh and tasty. The portions were perfect size. The selection of appetizers was wonderful and well prepared.
The service was outstanding with the owner and his wife taking care to see that each table was satisfied with their meals. The wait staff was great too with well coordinated presentation and attentiveness. I can't imagine anyone not liking Finalmente Trattoria. It was GREAT!!

2  Thank marrs5
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I have been there several times and never been disappointed. Good wine, good drinks and food that is truly Italian in flavor and presentation. Our "go to" place when we want to go somewhere special.
My favorite dish is the black squid ink pasta with scallops, etc. Wonderful!