“nice family run place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Norwalk, Connecticut
“nice family run place”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

old fashion family restaurant ... staff is wonderful and helpful food is great , drinks plenty good !! my wife and i love this place cheech is the best !!1 go here you will love it

1 Thank pete j

“Classic excellence with continental cuisine. Impeccable service!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Had a graduation party here. They offered a price fix menu with numerous choices. The steak is tender, tasty and cooked to perfection. Best chicken parm anywhere. Owner managed assures excellence!! Great value!

1 Thank 9519
Ridgefield, CT
“Quaint old restaurant in a good location”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had not been here in years but we had an event to attend in Westport and met another couple for dinner. The restaurant is right off the Merritt Parkway which made it very convenient for both couples. We arrived @ 5:15 in order to have a leisurely dinner. It was a cool, damp evening and we asked to be seated in a warm area so; we were right in front of the beautiful fireplace! The wait staff was efficient and attentive. We opted to order from the special menu...$49 for two which included a bottle of red or white wine, a choice of soup or salad, an entree (choices included a beef, chicken, fish and pasta option), dessert and coffee or tea. The meal was excellent! The price was terrific and the ambiance of the building was wonderful. Would definitely come here again if we are traveling into the area.

Weston, Massachusetts
“Solid but areas for improvement ”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I attended a birthday gathering during their brunch- mimosas, bloody's, champagne included. Bloody came in a wine glass, possibly the smallest bloody ever! Buffer was fine, meats at the meat station were over cooked. Salads and deserts were good. Service was attentive until the end and I had to break the manager away from watching the football game to get our server. All in all a decent value for $24.95.

Redding, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You've got to be kidding!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I have to do this as the experience was so awful I don't want anyone to have a similar one. I had a birthday brunch celebration yesterday for my daughter which I had prearranged with the restaurant. Our group was placed in the very back with a table arrangement that was ineffective and insufficient for our group even after we tried rearranging; we were told this was the best that could be done.It was a long walk for everyone to the buffet table and we are an "older group". The bill was plopped down at the table next to mine not only surprising everyone but also implying that I expected them to pay for their brunch! To add insult to injury, those at this same table were told they had to get up and leave as the waiter had to set up for the second seating which, ironically, was almost an hour way; they were lied to by the waiter who told them the second seating was a half hour earlier than it was. Being asked to leave a restaurant is an insult but under these false premises its disgraceful. I still don't know what was motivating this action on the restaurant's part but can only surmise. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited October 2013