The Westport Inn
US$219
US$194
US$183
US$155
EVEN Hotel Norwalk(Norwalk)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$183
US$309
Orbitz.com
US$204
US$174
Travelocity
Dolce Norwalk(Norwalk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew sectionbar mitzvahon site restaurantconvenient locationa wonderful place to stayvisiting the areashort stayguest roomshousekeeping staffbeds were comfortableballroombistrocarmencouchconnecticut
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was not impressed. Supposedly the Westport Inn had gone through a major facelift...I did not feel it at all. Felt exactly like the room I stayed in 18 years ago...location-wise - I think it was. Closet door broke. Walls very thin. And there was some sort of food container that had something growing in it on the closet shelf. Front desk staff friendly enough...just do not think it was worth the $$. I was expecting so much more.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
ahs01, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at The Westport Inn. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have fixed the closet door and enhanced our guest room inspection process. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Spacious feeling to the room; loved the cathedral ceiling in my room. Luxurious beds! Extremely comfortable. Fine attention to detail. Would have appreciated bathroom fans plus a bathtub instead of just a walk-in shower. I was in the back portion of the hotel; so quiet--great for a deep rest--not in the front motel-type rooms, which are smaller. I would like to see the restaurant stay open longer hours. The eggs I had for breakfast were delicious; however, the menu was very limited. Would like to have seen fresh melon at this time of year. The area abounds in incredible bakeries; would like to have seen homemade muffins, fresh pastries, etc.

Room Tip: Back section of hotel has larger, quieter rooms than front, motel-style portion of building. They offer AAA discounts as well as other special rates. I was there to support a friend during a family funeral, and my friend had arranged for a bereavement rate from the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel while my son was having soccer tryouts in Fairfield. The town is so amazing and quaint. Although there was a glitch in our check-in (the key would not work), then the room had a King bed and we requested 2 Queens, the staff upgraded us to a nicer, larger room. The room was extremely comfortable. We asked for a late check out because my son's last session ended at 12:45 that afternoon. They allowed it so he was able to take a shower before we departed. The assistant general manager was so kind and even tried to find some information we needed when we were leaving. We were able to get a great price on the room through Priceline.com. Only thing that could have been better was to have a microwave in the room. We will stay here again if we ever are back in Westport CT.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back (it is Hotel style vs the front that is Motel style)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We were really looking forward to our stay at the Westport Inn and thought it might be our go to place to stay when we visited family in the area. However, based on our experience, we will not be returning. I imagine we were not in a room that had been redone. It was okay, but the heating system was so loud that we had to turn the heat off in order to sleep. The furnishings and bathroom were adequate, though dated, and the television, which sat on the bureau, had a limited offering of channels available. There seemed to be quite a few groups or parties going on in nearby rooms, and, all in all, the experience did not leave us with a good feeling.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sasfish1
ahs01, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you for your recent Stay at The Westport Inn. We are placing the room you stayed in out of order to analyze and repair the television and the heating system. We offer an extensive television channel line up, therefore we must need to adjust the signal in that room. I am sorry for the difficulties you experienced with these two items. I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great location, if you have a student at Fairfield University, this is the place to stay, only 8 minutes from the campus. There is great shopping and restautants about 4 minutes away. I stayed in a suite and it was clean and new. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was great, it also had a small living room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family