“Avoid at all costs!!!!”
Review of The Westport Inn

The Westport Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The website makes this property look so much better than it actually it! This hotel was so bad that I am not sure that I can accurately portray the conditions. The carpets are stained and filthy throughout the hallway. The room smelled damp and musty and was dark and gloomy. Are you getting the picture? To make matters worse, although I had a booked a 2 king bed suite, when I arrived at my room it was tiny, not a suite and only had one bed. When I called the front desk, I was put on hold for so long that I hung up and called again. I was told that I hadn't booked a suite. I finally went to the front desk with my email confirmation and was told that the manager gave my room to someone else earlier in the day. Needless to stay, we left and went to the Hyatt house Shelton 15 minutes away and got a fantastic suite for a lot less. Avoid this motel (really, it is a motel) at all costs!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BaltimoreDaddio

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were on our way to Rhode Island (this was day 2 of driving from Texas). We were so tired and had to get some sleep. This Inn was so beautiful! The rooms were very nice and the bed and pillows were perfect! My only wish is that we could've stayed longer. The check-in lady was super sweet and even offered to let us sleep past the check out time. Would've loved to have been able to explore this quaint town! It was such a nice surprise to find such a jewel of a place! I would recommend this Inn and the town to anyone 100%.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank twebb825
W Paul B, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear T Webb825,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am very happy that you had a quite a nice respite at the Inn.
That is quite the journey that you traversed! I hope that all of your travels were fun and safe and we hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

Paul Boyle

Reviewed 17 June 2013

$175 dollars for a glorified 1950's motel room?
Arrived and they could not find my reservation.(I had spoke to them the day before to confirm the reservation and request a refrigerator) The young lady behind the counter was quite rude, speaking to me in a tone as if she were better than me, told me I did not have a reservation. She informed me as if doing me a favor she would try to fit us in.( I later showed her my confirmation for that night and she asked what my problem was because she found me a room didn't she) The room was very small and reminded me of a 1950's motel room that had been dressed up. (You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig). The room was tiny So small that we had to climb over the refrigerator (that I had to request again) to get to the bathroom. The door did not close properly which caused a problem with bugs buzzing around the room. The bathroom was dirty. The heating/air conditioning was noisy. Could hear our "neighbors" coming and going until the wee hours of the morning The beds were not comfortable. I should have gone to another hotel but we were late for a family function and did not really notice all the problems until we returned later that evening. I would NOT recommend this MOTEL to anyone. From their advertising I was expecting a nice hotel but was extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this MOTEL.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob_CBoston

Dear Bob_C Boston,
I am very sorry that your stay with us was clearly disappointing for both you and your family. I searched for additional contact information, however, I could not find a telephone number or e-mail address.
I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to call me directly at 203-418-2500 to discuss your stay and how we might be able to make things right for you.

Paul Boyle

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Was up this past weekend for a college graduation and spent three nights (Rm 225) with an open window and a pedestal fan as the A/C was not yet turned on site-wide (only the heat was functioning) - a fan was the best they could do. Weather was warm and damp and the room was uncomfortable for good sleeping. Down comfortors were still on the beds (not real queen sized). We did get the refrigerator that we requested but everything inside froze after 2 days -
Room cleanup never occured til after 1PM and after the first night, some towels were missing, like extra hand towel or wash cloths. No complimentary toiletries were replenished. If I'd called for every issue, it would have been 3x a day. The first night they came promptly to give us the fans, then came again a few hours later when the TV would not respond to either remote or onset controls - the plug was twisted in the back (I could not reach it to see). Breakfast in the on-site restaurant was tasty but service was limited with one server to attend all the patrons - on a Saturday morning. We ate elsewhere after that.
I've stayed here a few times before in the past 4 years and it was actually much better, even while undergoing renovations 2 years ago. So what happened??? This was a no vacancy weekend!!

Room Tip: ask questions before hand - there is no elevator.....rooms in back are quieter. Are you allergic to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
W Paul B, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Maude,
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts on your stay at the Westport Inn this past weekend. I am terribly sorry that you had a far from perfect stay. Please know that I will be sending you an e-mail, to the address that you have on your reservation, to further discuss the problems you encountered.
Paul

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were very pleased with The Westport Inn for a recent wedding. We had a larger room in the annex building which was very clean, modern and spacious. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the small restaurant and bar were a great gathering place for early risers and late night visiting. The young people enjoyed the indoor pool. The banquet facilities were beautiful and very professionally managed by Antoinella and her staff and the catered food was delicious. This was a great set up for the many out of town guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We paid $199.00 Saturday night, $169.00 Sunday night and were totally ripped off. The room was tiny offering nothing but a shower, blow dryer and coffee maker. My husband was so angry that there was no mini refrigerator for the $370 plus dollars that we spent for two nights. The two beds were smaller than queen size, the heat was blasting over 80 degrees, the AC didn't work so that we couldn't sleep. No continental breakfast. They wanted to charge me over $2 for a lousy cup of coffee, so I had to drive down the street to Dunkin Donuts for a decent cup of coffee. Our experience was so bad for the amount of money we paid, we will never stay there ever again! We would have been happier sleeping in our car!

Room Tip: Motel 6 would have been better. Breakfast? There was NO breakfast! Dunkin Donuts was breakfast ! And...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wintts
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Refreshed hotel; clean, comfortable accommodation in a good location. Stayed in a basic room for about a week and found the service and staff pleasant, attentive, and helpful overall.. -Mr. Brady was a particular stand out, -a consummate professional. He addressed inquiries regarding the hotel's business/computer center and was also knowledgeable about local area and services. -Would visit again and would recommend for events/meetings.

Room Tip: Rooms in rear building have higher quality accommodation.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!