“Great Hotel in Westport, CT”
Review of The Westport Inn

The Westport Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westport
Westport, Connecticut, United States
“Great Hotel in Westport, CT”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My son, daughter-in-law, and grandchild, who are from San Diego, as well as some relatives from Roslyn, NY, stayed at The Westport while visiting me in Westport. The rooms were large and comfortable and the ambiance charming. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the restaurant excellent and the location of the hotel conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and recreation. My family will be visiting again this summer and they are looking forward to staying at this lovely hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I'm so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed our convenient location, relaxed accommodations and an atmosphere that is reflective of Westport's way of life. On behalf of our entire hotel team, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming your family back this summer.

Nora M. Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place was advertised as a Groupon getaway. While the lobby has been renovated, the rest of the place is a run-down flop house like motel in the middle of nowhere. This is no romantic getaway. We heard cars wizzing by all night. The air conditioner was not yet turned on. The vending machine was out of order. We wanted to go bike riding and only one was available.
We asked the desk to call a cab to take us to a restaurant. When we got there is was closed.
I complained the next day as to why the restaurant is listed in their book and the clerk didn't know it was closed. I was told it was two towns away.

If you want to sit outside, the tables are almost in the parking lot. If you don't have a car, you will spend a good sum of money on cabs.

Needless, we checked out the next morning. We are putting the charges in dispute with Groupon.

Room Tip: I cannot say anything good about this place.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet K

Travellers are raving about these Westport hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel on business roughly three years ago and complained then to my company that it was bad, although the hotel people claimed it was because they were doing renovations. My company forgot and sent me there again and I didn't recognize the name on the itinerary until I got there. It was still awful. It was possibly worse. The rooms were dirty, the floors particularly so, the carpets stained—just as they are in the halls, where the rugs even in public spaces look as if they were bought at a yard sale in a housing project. The furniture is cheap and chipped and dirty. Big cobwebs hung from the light fixtures in my room. For several hours one of my two days (I was too busy during my visit to Westport to change hotels) the water in the sink and toilet was brown. The window shades weren't truly opaque and let in light at dawn. They were also hung too far from the window, so on the ground floor anyone could see in. Every single thing about this hotel cries "Cheap!" and "Crap!" The room bore no resemblance to the apparently fictional rooms shown online.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Londinium50AD
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest:

I’d like to thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westport Inn. It appears that we have fallen short of your expectations as well as our own. While we hope to convey the relaxed but eclectic ambiance of Westport through our modern décor, custom furnishings and unique artwork, it would seem that we need to reassess the care and procedures in their upkeep. I have alerted our Housekeeping and Facilities teams to ensure that the issues addressed in your comments are given proper and thorough attention at all times. I apologize for the unpleasant issues you were faced with and would hope that you would allow us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience at the Westport Inn.

Nora M Gomez
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We live near the Westport Inn and so we would like to think of the place as a local resource and so I suggested it to my parents while they were in the middle of a move. My mother who has a hard time getting around and is a diabetic was left in the room on her own for a day because we thought there would be room service for lunch. No room service for lunch? Ok, we can deal with that as long as the front desk person can help out my mother but no go. I asked that they go next door to Garelick & Herbs to grab lunch because I know that G&H does all of the catering at Westport Inn but no, the person who answered my call couldn't/woudn't help me out. I said we needed to get food quickly to my mother but still no help. I then asked for a manager and they kept me on hold for so long I hung up and called Garelick & Herbs directly. G & H were happy to help, they provided a perfect lunch for my mother, ran it over and said no tip was necessary. Big thumbs up for Garelick & Herbs, big thumbs down for Westport Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Valorie L
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest:

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at the Westport Inn. I am very disappointed to hear that our staff was not able to better accommodate your mother during her stay and would like to speak with you personally so that we may use your feedback in educating and training our associates. We recently partnered with a local favorite to provide breakfast, dinner and Sunday Brunch dining options for our guests, but are not able to offer lunch service or in-room dining at this time. I assure you that your experiences are not indicative of the level of service we expect to provide to our guests. I truly hope that you will return to the Westport Inn to see firsthand how your comments have been utilized to improve our guests’ stays. Please feel free to call 203-557-8125 or email me at info@westportinn.com

Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked this hotel through a "blind" website, so we did not know what hotel we would get. We expected a 3 star hotel, based on their rating. Boy was that over-rated. The hotel was really a quite run-down motel, with doors opening directly to the outside. Outside stairs and hallway carpets were old, stained and rusty. The first room we got had a door that would not lock, and no heat. They moved us to another, and that room was just OK. Functional, but certainly nothing to write home about. You do get 2 bottles of complimentary water. Water pressure was adequate but not great. If you are looking to just stay a night or two, then this might be OK for you. Don't expect much, though.

Room Tip: Others have said that the back building is newer and nicer. Perhaps try for a room back there...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Westport Inn. We hope to provide a relaxed yet refined atmosphere at our Inn and are disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with your accommodations. I have asked our Facilities team to address the issues noted with corridor and stair carpeting. I assure you that we strive to maintain surroundings indicative of Westport as a whole and appreciate you alerting us to areas that might benefit from additional attention. Should your travels bring you back to Westport, I do hope you’ll visit us again to see the affect your comments have had on the Westport Inn.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's a nice hotel with some average size rooms and basically meant for some short visits. The Hotel is clean and the food is good too. There's a one particular lady who is a bit rude, but the rest of the staff members are better off.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nora G, General Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Ady:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in trip advisor.
Your feedback is very important to us and something we take very seriously as the information provided is used to make sure we create an enjoyable experience for every guest. I would love to address the employee that was rude with you so if you can email me the time you had the interaction with her and the department, housekeeping, front desk? or perhaps you have her name. You can contact me at info@westportinn.com. I want to make sure other guests do not have the same experience.
We hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went for my sons wedding at the end of March. This was an overflow hotel. We found the staff, especially Charles, very accommodating and the property to be pet friendly, which was important to us. It is two hotels in one. The front hotel is a renovated motel with access to the rooms from the outside while the building in the back is their nicer rooms and suites. We would send guests there in the future and recommend the rooms in the back altho the smaller motel rooms were very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nora G, Manager at The Westport Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on trip advisor.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback. The review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff and specially Charles as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Nora Gomez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
#1 of 12 in Norwalk
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield

Been to The Westport Inn? Share your experiences!