“Fried cat fish was the cat's meow” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill - CLOSED

Bobby Q's Barbeque & Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stratford, Connecticut
“Fried cat fish was the cat's meow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The other night my date had mentioned let's get a quick bite to eat. I said hey want to head out to Westport. I told her about Bobby Q's BBQ. She had never been there before. We arrived Friday night around 6:30 and was not crowded at all. She looked at the menu and said she was looking for fish of some type, as she does not eat meat on Friday's during the Christian holiday season. So I saw the fried catfish dinner and she saw a catfish wrap. Asking if her wrap could be made with the fried catfish they said sure. Both our meals were very delicious. When we sat down our server asked for our drink order. It's been a while since I had a margarita so we both ordered them. They came with plenty of salt in a large tumbler. Very well made. And of course the brown butcher's paper as table cloth on our table made for great games of tic tac toe and hangman. Definately go to Bobby Q's, and take a walk along downtown Main Street during the holidays.

• Visited November 2013

Easton, Connecticut
“Value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Very good restaurant. Good size portion vs price. Fast service and very attentive. We had no wait time, went there for dinner and was taken immediately to our table immediately. Worth the try.

Visited November 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Save time and go to the pit stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food is pretty good, but not worth the wait. You get the same exact food at the Pit stop, but in half the time.

Visited August 2013
Norwalk, Connecticut
“A good place close to home”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

When our family has a bbq craving and we don't want to have to travel far we enjoy going to Bobby Q's. Their onion frizzles are soooo good that we all end up fighting over the last few. They are greasy but they are sooo good. Their spin on spring rolls are delicous as well. Their bbq is good, not the best ever, but it can satisfy your craving. I do enjoy their sides, the coleslaw, beans, and corn bread are enough by themselves to fill me up. We love the location and the atmosphere inside the restaurant. It is worth a visit if you want to eat some bbq.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“going down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I do like this restaurant, but they are definitely getting too comfortable and it is going down hill. Quality and portion size on meats is going south as is overall value. Just because we live in Westport does not mean we need to pay exhorbitant prices - perhaps a small premium due to higher rents is justified, but dining in Westport has no perceived value or cache beyond the cost of gas to drive to another town. People tell me that I should be trying a place in Stamford called Dinosaur. Looks like some good reviews. I hate to think I need to drive an extra 15 miles and hope that Bobby Q's is reading these reviews and does what it takes to retain its clientele. They know how to do it, but will it be "game on"? It is off to Stamford for now.

• Visited September 2013