“listen for the price you can't go wrong for a no frills overnight”

Motel 6 Hartford-Wethersfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wethersfield
Reviewed 28 May 2014

for a quick no frills stay where you just need a bed and a bathroom, you can't do much better than the price for one night compared to area motels. room was clean, internet offered for like 3 bucks is slow (wireless) so they should offer it free or upgrade their service/cable modems.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Checked in at 3:30pm. Was given key to a room that was not ready. Went back to the office only to be told no other rooms were ready. Overheard one of the cleaning staff say the room I was given had to be 'deep cleaned' due to a guest who was in there for over a week and that there was a major issue (What? Like did someone die in there?). When I heard that, I refused to accept that room and was told there was another one at the end but there were no blankets available until later on. Seems like 'guests' were stealing their bedding and towels. I told the desk person I would take that room and they could bring the blankets later on. The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but there was an ashtray on the dresser and the smell of smoke was masked with a heavy room freshener.
If that wasn't bad enough, at 3am a couple of older teens ran up and down in front of the rooms laughing and screaming and waking everyone up. This happened three times in a 20 minute span. When I called the front desk to complain, no one picked up the first time and finally when someone did answer the phone, all they said was that the police were called. I don't think they were because they never showed up.
Finally, there was a sense that this was a hotel where low income people were living on a semi-permanent basis. This needs to be told to guests before they book. I did not feel safe at this location and will NEVER go there again.
The only reason I gave it a 'poor' instead of 'terrible' was because the room was clean enough to sleep in. And the only reason I needed to stay here was that I had my dog with me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MoonDoggieDonna
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this motel for 3 days while visiting family. The first thing I noticed was the parking lot was not clean. It was trashy. I know this is not the Hyatt or some other upscale hotel, so I was not expecting it to be. You get what you pay for. Secondly, I saw bugs around the frame of the bathroom door. I verified that they were red ants and nothing else. Spray them with my disinfector, which killed them. Thirdly, I noticed dust and dirt in the corner of the wall. I pulled back the spread to inspect the bed and the sheets were dingy. We did not have face cloths so my husband had to go back to office to get those.
The area where they put us had a lot of active, mostly very young people go in and out. I was ok, once I got to sleep, I slept. But before I went to sleep, I could hear them going in/out. Can’t say what was going on. In the morning when were leaving for the day, saw this pit bull running loose, of course it was unnerving, but this guy who was putting or taking something out of his car called him and he went to his master.
Just before we were ready to leave, the cleaning lady knocked at our door. We told her we would be leaving within the next five minute. We left within that time slot and told her goodbye. Needlessly to say when were returned that evening our room had not been made up. We did not receive any service during those three days.
We will be visiting Hartford in the next couple of months, but this is not a place I will go back to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank johnlh
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I had a 6 week vacation driving through 12 US states in Oct and Nov this year. Being a Motel 6, we more or less knew what to expect - a basic, unpretentious, roof-over-the-head place to sleep. And I am glad to say this Motel 6 met those expectations completely and more.

After many accommodation establishments along the way including other Motel 6s, I can speak with some authority that not all Motel 6s are the same. We presume that they are, simply because they belong to the said chain.

However our experience is that they differ greatly. Admittedly they are all meant to be simple, back-to-basic accommodation and nothing more. But the experience changes dramatically when a guest is welcomed by smiles, or if the building is well cleaned or newer, or simply where it is located near a busy highway or otherwise.

This Motel 6 is a good one. It is great place to stay and we will not hesitate to come back again. We had a quiet room facing the rear and away from the main road, and Walmart and diners are only a short walk away.

I am giving this Motel 6 a 4-rating, not as any suggestion of motel star-classification, but as a personal satisfaction and 'expectation-met' rating. A thumbs up!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was my first stay at a Motel 6, but will not be my last. If they are all like this, they beat other economy motels (specifically Econolodge and Super 8) hands down.
The small sign made it tough to spot, as it isn't one of the more visible sites. But that's a good thing.
Friendly staff, newly renovated rooms (with no sign of the "deferred maintenance I seem to run into at economy motels so often) and a quiet night's rest. Who can ask for more in this price range?
There seem to be plenty of restaurants and a LOT of shopping areas nearby. I had a wonderful meal at DeNovelli's Family Restaurant - right turn and a short jaunt up the road.
The only criticism I can offer is that the parking isn't particularly convenient. Pack light.

Room Tip: Very few rooms have "out front" parking so, if this is important to you, ask when booking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel renovating and is spotless. Ppl were nice and rate was reasonable with promo code from ecoupon. Features new motel6 rooms with hardwood flooring and new bedding package. Definitely worth it. Conveint location.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ilovedebra
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I'm not usually a big fan of Motel 6's, but on this particular stormy night, this particular Motel 6 probably saved our lives. We were caught in a horrible storm on Rt. 91 with accidents clogging the road ahead, conditions more treacherous and icy by the minute, and we had to pull off without a clue where we were. We pulled into the Motel 6 right off the highway, and there was an angel behind the desk to help us out, by the name of Johnny. Not only did he give us a room at a better rate than I ever could have expected on such short notice, taking pity on our situation, but he let us leave our luggage-filled car right in front of the office so he could keep an eye on it, and he told us about the amazing sushi place that was in the plaza next door, Sushi Ginza, where we spent a relaxing and delicious evening grateful to be safe and warm. Our room was certainly no-frills, but fine under the circumstances, and clean enough, aside from a cigarette hole in the bedspread. Bring your own amenities as all they have is a little soap; no coffee maker in room either. TV reception was OK (HBO included) and wifi worked well, although you MAY have to pay $3 for it. The shower was terrific! Brand new shower head, good water pressure! The location is a little noisy, but this place is just an amazing value, and perfectly located for travelers. We waited out the storm in comfort and got back on the road when the way was clear! Thank you, and we'll be back in the future!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyermontana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wethersfield
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill
Americas Best Value Inn Wethersfield-Hartford
No photo provided
Atlantic Inn
#2 of 4 in Wethersfield

Been to Motel 6 Hartford-Wethersfield? Share your experiences!