Silas W. Robbins House
US$190
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$93
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$107
Agoda.com
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill(Rocky Hill)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$78
US$126
All reviewsbed and breakfastnew englandbreakfast was deliciousyou will not be disappointedthe main streettown greenwithin walking distancevisiting the areastunning propertyrestoration processhomemade blueberry pancakesup to datedowntown hartfordan amazing placevictorian styleover the topice cream store
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I were looking for a comfortable place to spend an evening away from the 4 kids and take in the Dave Matthews concert nearby. I happened upon the Silas Robbins after reviewing options on tripavdisor. While I've had mixed luck using trip advisor in the past, our experience this past weekend exceeded any of the fantastic reviews given to the innkeepers, John & Shireen Aforismo. They are both warm and attentive. The breakfast on the porch was perfect. The room and grounds immaculate. The area is tranquil and true New England. I have been raving about the Silas Robbins House to anyone who listens!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Silas W. Robbins House in early March. We enjoy bed & breakfasts and this is one of the nicest at which we have ever stayed. Shireen and John are lovely hosts and serve a scrumptious breakfast. As we were the only guests in the house, they upgraded us to the nicest room at no additional charge, something which not all b&bs do. We got a tour of the house and one does not want to miss the before and after photos in an album in the front parlor which show exactly how much Shireen and John had to put into the house to restore it to its former grandeur and then some. Next time my wife and I are in the Hartford area, we will again stay at the Silas W. Robbins House.

Room Tip: The Cupids and Roses Room where we ended up staying was a lovely, spacious, and comfortable room, with lots of windows and quite sunny during the day.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My home is contemporary and I consider myself an experienced domestic traveler. So why would I choose a B&B over the hotels and boutique hotels? Because, I had heard other friends of mine tell me how great the Silas W. Robbins House was and I just had to try it. So I pull down Broad St, not really knowing what to expect but find myself approaching the most memorable stay I have ever experienced. The B&B is newly renovated but carries a charm of days past. I walked in the front doors and I the journey was magical. The decor and colors and materials chosen are exquisite. A true masterpiece of design, architecture, and ambiance.

I was on a business trip but I forgot all about my client, and agendas as I snuggled into a queen bed and experienced the comfort of elegant surroundings. I smiled and sent pictures to my friends and family of my room to share in the delight of such a special place! The bathroom was updated as well. Again inviting and warm. I had the option of a a luxurious bath or a "rain shower" shower. I opted for the shower which was perfect. I then had breakfast prepared by the innkeeper, Shireen Aforismo which was so delicious that I almost forgot about my appointment and new clients on my agenda. You have to try this B&B I promise you that your stay will be enchanting. Thank you John and Shireen for a magical stay! Sincerely, Lisa Garofoli

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Even though our trip was last September, I vowed that I would write a review of the Silas Robbins House which was the very most charming place we stayed on our 18 day New England tour. The house and setting are gorgeous, the breakfast out on the front "porch" was not only so beautiful it required photographs but also delicious and John and Shireen were just what you hope for as hosts of a bed and breakfast. It was right after Hurricane Irene and we were the only guests that night and they gave us our choice of any room in the house.

We have raved about the Robbins house and shown photos to our friends ever since.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was in town to work with Hartford Schools and wanted to find a B&B rather than a downtown hotel. I was so pleased with this amazingly gorgeous home! It was very clean, stately, and comfortable. The details they have put into the restoration are amazing. I walked around wide eyed at the beauty. It was very convenient to drive into Hartford and gave me the charm of being in the Northeast rather than staying at a hotel I can stay in anywhere in the US. Great place!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business