“Do Not Stay Here”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
New York
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed here in June for a couple of nights. We asked for a non-smoking room, one queen bed. I also called the same morning that we were going to check in to remind them we were going to be late and the conditions we would like for our reservation. Apparently there was no problem.
We got there and our room had 2 beds and smelt bad. We went to the front desk and we met this "funny" person who treated us in a very disrespectful way. he told us we were crazy and bad people!He also made fun about my requirement of one bed. We ere trying to get another bedroom but we just found more problems. The worst was that he was the geneal manager. What else can you ask for????
The beds were dirty, bed bugs, sheets full of hairs, the carpet didn't seem to be cleaned since a long time ago.
The best was the shower!
The breakfast...I can tell you I am not a gourmet person and that was inacceptable!
The hotel is dirty, they do not take care of anything.
If you have any other choice, please, do not stay here. It is cheap but you feel so bad, that you just want to come back home.
pay a little bit more and stay in, at least, a clean place.
Thank you.

• Liked — Nothing, I'm sorry
  • Disliked — terrible experience, that's all I can say
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Brunswick
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2008

On our way to Florida, we found this hotel on room saver. It is next to a truck stop. The yard was not shoveled. Bathroom light was burnt. Shower / tub had build up of scum on walls, missing picture over bed, hole in ceiling, thick uncomfortable plastic covers over mattresses...but I thought we would make the best of it and not complain. Then in middle of night I got 4 or 5 large bites on my chest while sleeping (bed bugs?) and awoke and recorded everything. I could not sleep the rest of the night and we left in the morning. This was our worst experience in a hotel, so don't stay there. It is not clean. I almost forgot one of the beds had lots of small hairs in sheets. I even complained to the front desk clerk the next day and asked for his manager to call me which he never did so it tells you also about the bad customer service!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Willington hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2007

Terrific location, right off I-84. Clean, basic accomodations. Friendly staff, encountered no problems. Fair price for an econo-lodge. Shares the same parking lot with a 24 hour truck stop. No wi-fi service available in motel (at the time of my stay in March 2007). Continental breakfast was basic, but more than acceptable. Motel room and facility was clean.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank larilu
CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2007

Terrible, only for truck drivers. Overpriced for dirty, tattered rooms.

• Disliked — rude receptionist who quoted one rate then switched it to a higher one.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2006

I have to say, I was pleasantly suprised with econo lodge, or at least this one. I checked in around 1 am very tired and exhausted, it was a little bit of a hassle to find the hotel off the interstate, yet it appeared new like it was just built. Upon me entering at that hour, i waited for someone at the front desk for 10 minutes. After i rang the bell someone appeared who looked like he just woke up, and was not wearing a econo lodge outfit (i wasnt sure if he worked there) He also didnt speak english very well, but either way, that was made up for when i got my room. The room was immaculate. I have never seen such a clean room ever. The bed was a little stiff with flat pillows but all was quiet and relaxed. The hotel appeared big, yet the layout was confusing. I can not comment on the breakfast as i missed it but it seemed sufficient when i saw them cleaning it up. what more would you expect from econo lodge other then donuts and coffee. The pool yes, was a swamp outside, it wasnt even set up, no water in the pool, and the gym was taken apart, and also was the size of a broom closet. I will admitt i felt i payed a bit much, 67 dollars, yet my tv worked and the room was clean unlike most budget chains, so i cant complain, i would stay again, though having more choices at this exit off the interstate would be helpfull, especially for food.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank speedotorpedo
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2004

Do NOT stay here. The cable tv was broken, the gym was "closed", the pool was a swamp, and the "breakfast" would be insulting to call it breakfast - it consisted of stale mini donuts and coffee. Basically false advertigising. We are not picky people, and we usually have no problems with the hotels we stay at. The walls were also very thin, and you could hear everything your neighbors are doing. We have stayed at other cheap hotels, such as motel 6 and days inn, and I've never had a problem before.

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank Cancun_curious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!