“Excellent Room! Comfortable and clean.”

HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I booked this room for a cozy romantic getaway. We were not disapointed. Check-In there was an administration error (on my part...booked the room wrong), they fixed the error without hassle. The front desk was suburb and friendly. We booked a suite with a kitchen. It had everything we need to cook a great pasta dinner. Modern tv with easy connections for me to hook my computer and watch something. The couch was comfortable and the bed was amazingly soft. The room design was very well done. Breakfast was awesome...we just wanted to keep eating. That morning we just layed in bed and watched tv...very comfortable. :) The pool and hot-tub were clean and well layed out. All and all this was a GREAT hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is a Price-Chopper down the road to get your fixings for dinner.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher J

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel room was beautiful and roomy. Love the set up as it had a bed room/living room/kitchen area. If we were there for a couple of days it would have made sense to cook for ourselves and there were a ton things to use in the room for us. There was a nice hot/continental breakfast with a roomy area to eat in. The hotel had what looked like a nice pool and hot tub although we did not have time to try it out. Down the road was a grocery store, Buffalo Wild WIngs, Dunkin Donuts and a mexican place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Simply a great hotel, well designed clean and comfortable. Spacious modern 2 room suite perfect for stay with wife and teenager. Bed was comfortable, shower was excellent. We have now stayed there a dozen times over 3 years. It is the best hotel in the area and reasonably convenient to Hartford while close to airport and local boarding school. Property has nice indoor pool and excellent exercise room . Public places are huge and comfortable. Only complaint this time is that Saturday breakfast lacked typically available fresh fruit and eggs seemed rewarded from prior day.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed here because all the hotels were sold out in downtown Hartford for a concert. I am so glad we stayed here though. Clean, clean, modern, quiet, comfy! It's not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. So there's free and ample parking. There are so many seating areas and even a fire place in the lobby. Free complimentary breakfast which changes every morning. Mon-Thurs they also have a social happy hour with free food and drinks. In your room you are provided with a list of local restaurants that will deliver. But there is also many restaurants within a 2 minute drive. The hotel is only an 8 minute drive from downtown Hartford. The room is amazing full kitchen, comfy bed, huge bathroom with spacious shower! We loved it!

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad room here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stay here about once a month for work. It's location is great if you need to do business in the area. Most of the guests I saw were traveling business folks like me, which is great because its very quiet. The rooms are very spacious and clean. All of the rooms are like suites and have a full kitchen so you can cook your own meals if you please. I usually only stay there for one night at a time, but it is definitely a place that could serve as an extended stay hotel. I always joke that the room is bigger and nicer than my first apartment.

There is no bar on site, but on certain nights they have a social hour where they serve complimentary beer, wine, and food. And there are a number of restaurants near by that are good and a grocery store around the corner if you want to cook up something in your own kitchen.

The service at the hotel, despite the front desk staff appearing a bit on the inexperienced side, overall I am always very well taken care of.

This is a great hotel for the money. A lot of the other business hotels in the are are not this nice, or are too expensive. I highly recommend it. But I would advise to reserve early because they sell out a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed here several weeks. It was excellent in all regards. It was very clean, very nice, great staff, good food.

Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel and you get a nice view of the hilly countryside. Othewise you'll be looking from a front room at a strip of businesses and the parking lot. Even so, the rooms are nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt house during a relocation trip. Very close to the airport (about a 10 minute ride) and I was arriving very late (past midnight). Courteous & professional service, no glitches with my reservation (which I had arranged via SouthWest's booking link); so far so good.

I happened to leave my electric razor/beard trimmer, and when I called back within a week, they said that yes, the house cleaning staff had found it and turned it in to the desk. As I was flying in 2 weeks later, I asked that they set it aside and gave my name and and other info such as cell number, etc.

When I do fly in back for my permanent relocation and call to pick it up, they suddenly can't find it. You can draw your own conclusions, I already drew mine. And to think that I was considering the place as a temporary housing solution and had asked, during my stay, for the Sales Director's card, a certain Becca K. Mockalis.

Obviously, there are many reputable choices out there for corporate travel; as for me, Hyatt is no longer one of them.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Andres M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor? Share your experiences!