“True to the Hyatt place model, but with bigger rooms”

HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Miami Beach, Florida
“True to the Hyatt place model, but with bigger rooms”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Hyatt House or Hyatt Place (I think the name is in flux) was a fine, clean spot to stay before flying out of Bradley. The rooms were large and clean. My room had a full kitchen and separate bedroom - I don't know if all rooms were like that, but mine was quite big (bigger than several apartments I have rented). It looks like other Hyatt Place hotels in terms of furnishings, which is not super trendy, but tasteful enough.

The Hyatt Place concept is, as I understand it, a hotel with low staffing, that offers very simple, consistent, reliable, clean and comfortable conditions but with a clear step-down in luxury from the typical Hyatt Hotel. This hotel was true to that concept, though seemed to offer more than other Hyatt Places.

My room rate was $200 which I thought seemed high for the location and facilities, but I am not very familiar with the area, so that may be appropriate.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
CT
Reviewed 20 May 2013

stayed at this hotel with my child for a get away on vacation. The front desk staff was very kind and put us in a room we wanted. They are very nice. The pool was packed so we went back later at night. It was cold and there were very loud and obnoxious girls cursing and saying very bad things in the pool area (not good with kids). The rooms are very well equipped but housekeeping could do a more efficient job. Hair on the bathroom floor, candy under the sleeper sofa. Breakfast was ok until we saw the black and hair in the bottom of the fork container, yuck. The staff was super nice and washed it but turns your stomach before eating. Need to clean the breakfast area much better. I would stay here again but would get a larger room and check the breakfast area before eating again. The heater in the bedroom literally sounds like a freight train!! had to turn if off then it got frigid in the room turned it back on!

Room Tip: away from elevator face the woods higher floor front room have super bright spot light shining in al...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went to the area to see a Connecticut Whale game and the Basketball Hall of Fame. Since my friend was traveling home on I91, we decided to meet here for the weekend.

Property is well kept and the lobby was bright and spacious. Every hotel employee from the front desk to the maids were very friendly and helpful. Pool and Fitness areas were clean and functional. Full Breakfast was both delicious and served in spacious dining area.

Our room was the Studio Suite, with the living and bedroom area divided by a wooden book/tv case. Although I do prefer the One Bedroom Suite, this had ample room for 2 people. A nice touch is the fact the flatscreen tv swivels 360 degrees, so you can view it in either area. Kitchen was very clean and well equipped. It is nice to have a dishwasher, as many residential suites do not. Even thought there were many young people staying for a Hockey tournament and functions going on in the conference rooms, at no time was the noise bothersome. Internet was very good for signal and speed and is included,

The only slightly negative thing I can say is that there is no signage for the hotel once you exit from I91. It is located in an Industrial Park, across from a Hilton Garden Inn, which did have a sign from the main road. I drove by the park entrance twice before realizing that was where I needed to go. Other than that very minor issue, I would stay here when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just came back from a hockey tournament in the area and we stayed at the Hyatt House. From the moment we got started booking our group everyone was so nice. That theme continued throughout the trip from the front desk people, to the guys working the complimentary breakfast buffet, they were all outstanding.

The hotel itself is as modern as you could ask for. Every room is a suite equipped with a kitchen nicer than in many homes. I personally stayed in a King suite and it was more than big enough. It had a King bed and a living area equipped with a pull out couch. The television was in an entertainment center separating the bedroom from the living area but was on a swivel so you can easily turn it and watch it on the couch or in your bed. The bathroom is HUGE and I want one of the showers in my house!

If you want a nice place to stay with friendly employees, I would HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt House.

Room Tip: If you have a large family go with the 2 bedroom suite. It could sleep up to 8 people comfortably. I...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I am a frequent business traveler with Hyatt and Marriott as my preferred brands. I had an early meeting in Hartford, so decided to give this hotel a try. The staff are friendly, the room was comfortable and spacious (ground floor) and the evening happy hour and morning breakfast were nice additions. The Internet speed was ok (and was free) and the lobby was fresh and clean. The only thing that stopped this earning 5 stars for me were the fitness center (which was very small - although in good working condition), a little noise from hallway doors being present, the bathroom being very small / no tub and the location being in a small hotel park outside of the main areas. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Our family has stayed here a dozen times since our daughter is in school nearby. Previously, I have given it 5 stars. Today, the experience was just OK. First of all, the first 2 rooms we were given were on the first floor and were smaller than normal with inferior linens. Then, no toothbrush was available at front desk. Coffee was lukewarm at breakfast buffet. Food selection was not as good as usual. Exercise room was initially at 77 degrees. Room is beginning to,look like some renovation is needed ( paint chipping, for example). I think that overall attention to detail is lacking. Hotel needs to return to former excellence.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Scott O
Dallas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've been here several times now. It's great to have so much space. The hotel staff are helpful and accommodating, and the rooms and lobby are clean and bright. The rooms are becoming a bit pricey though.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank daphaney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hartford Marriott Downtown

Been to HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor? Share your experiences!