“Large rooms, but noisy”

HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my first time at one of Hyatt's "home" brand of hotels. I've stayed at lots of Hyatt Place's and have been happy with them. The "Home" brand is similar in size, but with a different layout, to Marriott's Residence Inns. The one in Windsor has a very nice, friendly staff and the place is brand new. Our only negative feedback was that we used this hotel to get a full nights sleep because our daughter was "having a few friends over after work." It was close by so we stayed 1 night for some peace and quiet - the walls were like paper - we heard everything going on above us, below us, and to each side! Ask for an end room or one without neighbors!

Room Tip: try to get a room without neighbors or on an end
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willflyforfood2013

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hyatt has managed to bring your house feel in a hotel room. The rooms have a kitchen, a hall, bedroom and a huge bathroom. You can watch the television in your room or in the hall while you have the popcorn getting ready in the microwave.
I absolutely loved my stay at Hyatt this time. I always choose to take the courtyard by marriott or the marriott on day hill road, however, this time I made a decent choice by opting for Hyatt.
Their entertainment evenings are amazing where they serve wine/beer and starters on the house for all the guests that are staying in.
I absolutely loved the service and the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hetal L
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is at least my 15 the stay at this property and it is always a first rate experience. The rooms are extremely large and clean and comfortable. The exercise room is great. The public spaces are large and the breakfast is fine. The location is convenient to any destination in central to north central Connecticut. Only negative comment was that I noted paint chips and peeling near windows. I highly recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott O
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed one night. Wished we could have stayed there for whole trip. Room was a two room efficiency with a kitchenette, sitting area and TV in one room and spacious bedroom in other. Had two queen beds. New firm mattresses, beautiful décor. Bathroom had double sized shower. Hotel and décor are modern and look new. 10 minute drive to airport through a quaint town to return rental car. Great shuttle service. Every evening they have a happy hour with really nice food and soft drinks.. Staff were very helpful. Hotel is in the corporate drive area and has a lot of business travelers but is also good for families visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was my fourth stay here, and about the only thing that seems to have changed is that the front desk service has improved. The price of an ordinary hotel room gets you a fully equipped kitchen; a sofa/den area; a nice-sized bath and a flatscreen that swings to face either the sofa or the bed. Also, the breakfast is a bit above average, with eggs and hot breads included, and you don't have to pay extra to use the computers in the lobby. There are a few glitches. The pool and spa close at 10 PM. There's only one wastebasket, and that's hidden underneath the sink. (The help puts it back there when they clean up.) I couldn't find an ice bucket; and unless you're on an upper floor you have to climb for an ice machine. Finally, the wi-fi requires frequent sign-ins, with a long password with upper-case letters, which can be crazymaking when you're using an i-device. The pros far outweigh the cons, though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Having had my flight cancelled, I discovered an ad for this hotel on the airline counter and decided to try it for a quick overnight. As noted below, they paid for the taxi from the airport to the hotel and put me in a very clean huge room which was outfitted to accommodate someone in a wheel-chair. Great value which included a "happy hour" buffet that was very good as well.
However, when I went to plug in my computer at the room workstation, there were no plugs nearby. (I had to use a kitchen wall plug!) And when I wanted to leave my cell-phone on charge by my bed, there were no plugs there either. (I had to unplug the clock behind the bed-side table!) I should think that the Hyatt House should look to install lamps with plugs in their bases, a feature of most of their competitors with up-dated rooms!

Room Tip: Check to see if your room has desk plugs - perhaps mine lacked them becasue it was a handicapped roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank drBill15800
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I only stayed for 2 days, for a trade show, arrived very late after 30hr flight - staff were so wonderful and helpful.
With Breakfast, and social Dinners & a wine, the shuttle was a god send for me, being without a vehicle.
Enjoyed my stay immensely , large clean room, & with a kitchen.!
There was a pool, gym and beautiful grounds, and so close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor? Share your experiences!