“great hotel”

HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 10 November 2010

great hotel, large rooms , clean, friendlily staff. breakfast and afternoon meal ( they call it "reception") .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I am so glad that I found this hotel. I almost spent way too much money to get a smaller room across the street.

First, the rooms are great for a business traveler. It really feels like you are in a trendy city apartment. The living space and bedroom space is divided by an entertainment center which really breaks up the monotony of a boring hotel room. I appreciate the modern design touches when I am away from home. The room also has a full kitchen and modern living room couch.

Secondly, I didn't need to buy any meals! They have an evening social reception M-Th from 5:30pm - 7pm with free beer and wine and heavy apps. When I was finished snacking on the hot spinach dip and roasted sausage and peppers, who needs dinner? The next morning, I had the complimentary breakfast buffet. This hotel also has free wifi while a nearby competitor wants to charge you. It's a no-brainer.

I think there might be several extended stay guests in this hotel and I can understand why. I didn't check out if they have a pool, so I don't know if families would enjoy this hotel. But for a business traveler, this is the only place I will stay in Windsor.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Shiger
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed with family for an overnight stop before heading up to MA the next morning. Hotel was very clean and front desk was very helpful. There was a small "store" with supplies which had a good selection of snacks and toiletries. The room was spacious and clean and large enough for the four of us. The sofa bed wasn't very comfortable but the actual couches were. Hot water was an issue as it took a while for the sink and shower to warm up and then was hard to get a temperature that was suitable. The breakfast in the morning had many choices and there were plenty of seating even when it got busy.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Off2Vaca
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I loved a very short stay. My family and I was visiting the Big E which was about 20 mins away. We picked this hotel for the price and the seperate bed room. We are a family of 4. Dad and mom with 2 boys 11 and 3. When you entered the room you were in the Kitchen.

The kitchen had a wood looking floor with everything you would need to cook and a table big enough for four to sit at.

The living area had a sofa sleeper with a lounge to one side. the flat tv was a good size. I'm not really sure on the size I'm going to guess at least 37 or 42 in. The tv had a dvd player.

The bathroom was in the bedroom. The bathroom sink was out in the bedroom. There was no tub just a stand up shower, Which was all tile with a little bench and glass doors.

Our room had a king size bed and had floor to ceiling window. The kids really liked the window. The was another flat screen tv in the bedroom. I don't think that one had a dvd player. The bedroom also had a desk.

In the morning we had the free breakfast wich worked out GREAT. The items that were out were. Bagel, Bread, english muffins, Warm muffins(so good), fruit, yogurt, ceral, oatmeal, Waffles, bacon, eggs, cheese and sulsa, apple juice, oj, milk, water and coffee.

Since not staying very long we didn't check out the swimming pool or fitness room.

The next morning we went to Foster family farm. That was a great place for the boys. Very nice corn maze and fun farm things to play with.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniella1279
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Everything about the hotel was new and comfortable, except for hot water issue described below. The importance of a bedroom that be separated from the main living area cannot be overemphasized, especially so that parents don't have to go to bed at same time as toddlers. Breakfast was full and enjoyable, and kitchen staff were quite friendly. Front desk representatives are still young and new to the business -- not able to answer basic questions (e.g., "where is a luggage cart?" A: "I don't know - we had one here earlier...").

Biggest challenge is fixing the hot water quantity for showering - we only had hot water on demand three times in four days, regardless of what time we tried to use it. Therefore, there were times when my wife or I could not shower -- but waited valiantly for something other than warm water to come out of the showerhead.

While I understand that at certain times of the day there may be a huge pull on hot water by people getting ready to leave, this shouldn't happen in a brand new hotel -- and it shouldn't happen at random times throughout the day. If there were other complaints (and i only heard from a family member on the same floor), or if this was localized to several rooms only, this is fixable -- but should've been identified and fixed in the starting weeks. My recommendation is based on this conclusion --- this should be fixed. Suggest guests ask about hot water issues before check-in.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Nicest extended stay hotel I have stayed in. Extremely large rooms. Well kept and clean facility. Great complimentary breakfast and evening meals cooked on site! Told cook of my food allergies and she was helpful and accommodating! Friendy, helpful staff.

My first Summerfield Suites stay...but definitely not my last!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at this new hotel for one night on our way to DC. The hotel is just wonderful and looks new. We had a king suite and you could have easily stayed here for several weeks with no problem. There was a complete FULL kitchen including dishwasher, stovetop and dishes. There was a separate living area with sectional soft and a computer desk. The Wi-fi worked well and was free. Lots of closet space and drawers. The TV (flat) revolved so you could either watch it from the couch or the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The A/C worked very well and was quiet. The ONLY problem is that there was NO bathtub. A beautiful large bathroom with a walk-in glass shower. After a day of driving for 8 hours we like a long hot soak in a tub and this was a disappointment. However for the price I would definitely recommend it to anyone who didn't care about having a bath. The breakfast was included and the normal fare of hot/cold items. There was also a pool and spa but they were closed while we were there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
1 mi away
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Hartford Marriott Downtown

Been to HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor? Share your experiences!