“Good clean hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Orlando, Florida
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Approximatly 10 mins from the airport in the shuttle bus.

Modern, large clean room rooms, very spacious. Nice indoor pool area and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HJFHJS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here for one night for our second stay. The entire hotel is very clean and everything looks sharp and new. The gym was well equiped and pool looked clean if not very exciting. The rate we chose included buffet breakfast which needed a little help in being put right. The egg choice on the buffet was brunt and dry. The waitress took care of us and got new eggs from the back and had ours delivered to our table. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. A nice solid Marriott. My only complaint...where the wifi? I brought along my netbook which doesn't connect via a cable and I couldn't use it because there is no wifi available. With the move of companies towards netbooks, ipads and notepads, Marriott needs to get with business traveler technology and get wifi in all their hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank myhrse11
Holland, PA
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here 4 days on business. Very clean, friendly staff. Rooms were fine, nothing extravagant. Beds were super comfy and BIG! Water pressure in shower was not that good, but servicable. Breakfast is great. The wings at dinner were good, but the chicken wrapped with prosciutto was dry and flavorless.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Upstate NY
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights to attend an event at the Connecticut Convention Center. Arriving by car late at night (actually early in the morning), I found the front door locked. Pushing a buzzer in the lobby resulted in the clerk remotely unlocking the door, allowing me to enter. Perhaps I rarely enter hotels in the middle of the night, but I found that a bit unusual, for a property located in a decent neighborhood. The hotel is located right off I-91, the main north-south interstate through the area.

Check in was accomplished in under 30 seconds! I was given a room on the eighth floor, one of two concierge levels. Plenty of free, well-lighted parking is available. Annoyingly, but I guess not uncommonly, one was required to use one's key card in the elevator every time to access the concierge floors.

I found my room to be spacious, clean and well-appointed. It was a corner room, offering plenty of natural light and views of the surrounding...fields. While another poster commented on the hotel's proximity to Bradley International Airport, the airport was at least 10 miles away, and at no time was I bothered by airplane noise.

The room featured a nice work area with a comfortable chair. There was a large flat screen TV and a coffee maker, but no refrigerator or microwave. The room also lacked a safe. The biggest -- and only significant -- negative of this hotel is the ridiculous $10 per day charge for broadband internet access. One of the reasons I usually try to stay in a Marriott when traveling is most of them have not propagated this scam. It is an irritating and unnecessary money-grab, and simply should no longer be a factor. After all, what hotel would dare charge for watching the television? What's the difference? Are you listening, Marriott?

That rant aside, I discovered that breakfast was served Monday through Thursday in the floor's concierge lounge. It was well-done, with scrambled eggs, various pasteries, cereals, breads, oatmeal and fruit, in addition to various beverages. It was a nice extra benefit. I only had occasion to visit the restaurant once, for dinner, which was tasty and reasonably priced.

The king bed was quite comfortable, and the shower was clean with abundant hot water. There is no bathroom exhaust fan. Returning each evening, I found my room to be spotless. There is really nothing within walking distance of the property, but a gas station, grocery store and numerous restaurants are a short drive away. I thought this hotel might be too far from the convention center to be convenient, but aside from my first morning, when I-91 traffic was exceedingly slow-moving, the commute was only 15-20 minutes to downtown Hartford.

In summary, this is good, standard Marriott property. If it weren't for that ridiculous internet charge, it would be outstanding.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CallerID
Alabama
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I booked a room at the Marriott at the last minute on a road trip to New England. We got a great room for a great price (senior discounts). Hotel is wonderful. Room is spacious. Had dinner last night in the Grill (really good Fried Goat Cheese Salad). Appreciate the Bath and Body Works toiletries. Front desk staff exceptional - warm and welcoming as was staff in restaurant. Must also mention reservation clerk who made our reservation by phone as we were negotiating traffic and directions in the rain. Job well done.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank magoo86
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The hotel was wonderful; very modern. Large rooms, very spacious. The only downside to this hotel is that it is directly across from the airport. So although convenient for early/late flights, you will hear the planes overhead. But I would stay at this hotel again. Super nice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Hartford/Windsor Airport from 08/31 to 09/22 for work. Living in a hotel for 3 week is hard, but the staff and the accommodations at the hotel made it much more bearable. I am a trip advisor junkie, so I 1st looked at the reviews on here and then called the hotel...not 1, but 4 times to make sure I could have what I wanted- a king bed, a small fridge, wi-fi and breakfast (oh I need to mention work arranged where I would stay) Jennifer AM Manager answered all 4 calls and was kind, gracious and patient (FOR ALL 4) and I had all I requested when I arrived. Next I met Harvey in maintenance and noticed I forgot my phone charger. He found me one and let me keep it even when I offered to return it when I left. WONDERFUL. Next morning went to breakfast in the grille had a wonderful buffet, but the best part was meeting Karen who knew I had a long stay and commented, "We will be your family while you are here!" A truer statement was never made! I owe love and thanks also to Marcia who lined up my shoes and kept my room sparkling and Alice who was so nice. Brandon, Marques,Mandi, Vicki, Eammanuel, Hezekiah and the whole gang in the grille. They would offer me and the rest of the breakfast crew snacks and coffee to take with us to work or wherever we were heading that morning.

Food in Grille was good-try the fried goat cheese salad.

I did have a little trouble with the wi-fi, but I just used the computers downstairs.

Shuttle is available not just to and from airport, but to local stores and restaurants

The hotel will provide to and from directions that are printed up to help you get to many local spots.

Room Tip: Just call ahead and request what you need. I did!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheschirecat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!