“Great Choice for the Hartford Area”

Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
“Great Choice for the Hartford Area”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Was extremely impressed with the overall operation of this hotel. As someone who frequents the Hartford area, I have found my new home away from home. Job well done! I especially love the convenience to the highway and the airport. I have stayed at other Marriott properties for many years and am disappointed I didn't find this one sooner. Looking forward to my next visit next week.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This was an older Marriott with smallish rooms but was clean and staff was excellent. Had to search for outlets and mattress slid around a bit. Convenient to airport. Shuttle to airport & area restaurants in Windsor is a plus.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms. Easy location to get to. I ordered room service one night and it was pretty good. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby which is convenient for grabbing a coffee before starting the day. Will return next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank scarlett83
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I selected the Marriott Hartford / Windsor because of it's proximity to Rt 91. The front desk staff were very courteous and accomodating. The staff in the restaurant where we had breakfast hustled to make sure we hade everything we needed. Special mention - Kim - very nice and attentive.

Rooms were OK, a bit below par compared to other Marriotts that I have stayed at. The indoor swimming pool was small. There were 4 - 5 people swimming in it and it looked over crowded.

Last year I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot right across the street (same trek) and decided to try the Marriott Hartford/Windsor - I would return to the Marriott H/W again.

Room Tip: our room was on the 5th floor away from the elevator (this was requested); room overlooked the front...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at the Hartford/Windsor Marriott as it was the hotel partner for a conference that I was attending. I arrived via BDL airport, and right from the moment I called the hotel for the complimentary shuttle, the staff were excellent: courteous, friendly, prompt, and accommodating. When the shuttle arrived, passengers were even offered a bottle of water, which I thought was a nice touch.

Other than the staff, I found the hotel to be pretty average overall, and though it was spotlessly clean and in good repair, I found the decor to have a very dark and dated look (I find this is pretty common to the Marriott brand, however), with rooms on the small side of standard (for a hotel not in a city centre), with the usual amenities. I did enjoy my stay, and would not be against returning if it remains the conference hotel partner in the future.

Pros:
- Great staff;
- Comfortable bed;
- Extremely clean;
- Open lobby area with lots of room to gather with colleagues.

Cons:
- Small-average room size;
- The mostly business guests were very quiet, but the walls are thin and it was easy to hear people in the hall/other rooms - I found it to be overall quiet, but I could see how noise might be a problem if the clientele had been anything other than fellow conference-goers;
- Dated design;
- While I had WiFi as part of my conference rate, it is not typically included and costs approximately $10 per day (other hotels in the vicinity offer this for free).

Just a note: When I entered my room, there was an underlying stale smoke smell - I thought it might have previously been a smoking room (the entire hotel is non-smoking now), but the smell dissipated after the first day, so it could have been from the previous guest (the room does not have a fan in the bathroom or windows that open, so it would take time to air out).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013

great staff. prices can be reasonable or outrageous. average Marriott hotel which if memory serves me doesn't take dogs which is unusual for an airport Marriott.. decent pool and exercise area.

food is surprising good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I would like to thank to all the staff members of the Marriott Hartford/Windsor Airport Hotel. Since the beginning of my stay back in January of this year all my needs have been met with the extraordinary attention. My reason of long stay wasn’t vacation so been away from home for the long timeframe I was this hotel make me feel like “My home away from home”. The housekeeping staff and maintainers where the keep of importance of everything on regards of the quality of the hotel amenities and hotel room.Front desk Cristina, Melanie, Mackenzie,Jquan,Restaurant:Michelle, Gladys, Angelica, Zeus (room service attend),Giselle
If you ever at the Hartford area I totally recommend you stay at this hotel
M Rodriguez
gracias for everything

Room Tip: the king size bed are so good I prefer room facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!