“Doesn't disappoint”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Doesn't disappoint”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and it has always met the standards that I expect from a Marriott hotel. The entire hotel is well taken care of, the decor in the rooms I've stayed in is pleasant, and the beds are comfortable. The staff has always been courteous and helpful. The location is great if you don't like staying in the middle of the city. It's on a quiet road, just a 1/4 mile off I-91, less than a 10 minute drive to the center of Hartford and 15 minutes to Rentschler Field. There is a small shopping center with several dining options less than a mile away. I didn't eat in the restaurant on site, but others in my group who did were satisfied. There is also a pool and small gym on site.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was not our first stay - generally stay here for at least an overnight on our way to Vermont after flying in from Arizona. Hotel is always comfortable, but the service has gotten even better. Everyone we encountered stopped to not only greet us, but asked if they could help but did more than just make pleasantries. We really enjoyed our overnight. Comfortable bed, one the better concierge rooms, and nice dining room where you can dine slowly or have a quick meal, whichever suits you..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was staying for a quick stop, to keep my road trip in England. The hotel have a really easy access, and is close to the most important motor-road for you to keep your travel.

The room was perfectly clean, but I had two bulb lights burned.The decoration is traditional, but a bit old. But everything with good quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
south jersey
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've stayed here over 40 nights in 2013 & can't say I've had a bad one! Great staff, very responsive management. The lobby upgrade looks great. Only wish the Starbucks was open longer hours. The restaurant food is good & I'm told some lighter-fare entrees are on the way

Hardwick, NJ
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I was attending an AASL conference in Hartford, and this hotel was part of the package. The desk staff were very cordial, the restaurant staff were just as friendly. I had a single room with a king size bed, a couch and desk area-very spacious and clean. My traveling companion and I decided to try a local restaurant one night, and asked the front desk for directions, and the young man actually came running outside to my car to clarify his directions.
A very good stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

There is a reason I don't stay at Marriotts and this is the reason why. I called last minute to book a room for a friend - which I wanted to pay for. I offered to email over a credit card authorization with color copies of my credit card. However, apparently a email isn't good enough. They wanted a FAX. I explain that this is 2013 and I don't have a fax machine (as most people don't), so it would have to be over email. After and extremely condescending tone from their night auditor Bob, I was transferred to customer service who said that there was NOTHING they could do. Nor would they even attempt to assist me in solving this problem. Their only solution, FAX over the authorization! Customer service is not something the Marriott is very good at. I have never heard of a hotel saying they won't take money because their only form of communication with the outside world is a FAX machine!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
1 Thank ryan1201
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Another anonymous Marriott. Not great, not bad. Service nice, although a bit robotic. I didn't expect a hug when I checked in, but a little flash of emotion would have been nice after traveling all day.

The hotel is a bit old and tired, but it really did not effect the functionality except for the elevators. They are way past their prime.

I stayed on the club floor, which was fine. This was my third Marriott in three days in three states, and this club lounge was the best of the three. The dinner fare was a yummy shepherd's pie, and breakfast was pretty varied. The old guy in charge was friendly.

Again the hotel is not special, but for two hots and a cot on a business trip, it fit the bill fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!