“I love this hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Livonia, Michigan
“I love this hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When traveling on business to another one of my companies offices I stay at the Marriot Hartford/Windsor and I look forward to it! From the best front desk people (while they only have Pepsi products in the machines they were able to find a diet coke for me), the comphy King size beds, the great bar and restaurant. clean work out room, and the best ever shuttle dude who in the morning drives me to the office and lets me stop first for a McDonalds diet coke! I Love this hotel!...and they added a Starbucks too!

Room Tip: I never had a bad room, as a woman however I prefer to stay up a floor at least
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent the night using points for early morning travel out of Bradley. Hotel was renovated last year and they've done a great job. Lobby is beautiful, rooms nicely appointed and very comfortable. We also ate at the restaurant, food was great and lots of it -- took it on the flight the next day! Had a shuttle and did the park and fly, so the parking for the week was free! Will stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Chesterland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I became an "accidental tourist" of the Marriott Hartford Windsor during a recent snowstorm when flight conditions forced me to spend the night there. They gave me the "poor sucker who got caught in a snowstorm" rate of $240/night. My guess is that there are lower rates for the less desperate, but I'll judge it by $240/night standards.

Not much.

The room was perfectly adequate, and largely unremarkable. It was a stock Marriott room, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it wasn't an especially clean or well-maintained room. My clearest recollection of the bathroom was the layer of gray dinge along the grout in the bath/shower area. Either it hasn't been cleaned well or, just as likely, the bathroom was in need of renovation.

Internet access required an additional fee, which is not appropriate given the rate.

They did have a shuttle service to the airport and the driver was very nice. They do, however, need the shuttle because the hotel is actually about 5 or 6 miles from the airport.

Breakfast is not included. They had a restaurant and overpriced Starbucks downstairs. I opted to leave and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ElaineAndGreg
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and it has always met the standards that I expect from a Marriott hotel. The entire hotel is well taken care of, the decor in the rooms I've stayed in is pleasant, and the beds are comfortable. The staff has always been courteous and helpful. The location is great if you don't like staying in the middle of the city. It's on a quiet road, just a 1/4 mile off I-91, less than a 10 minute drive to the center of Hartford and 15 minutes to Rentschler Field. There is a small shopping center with several dining options less than a mile away. I didn't eat in the restaurant on site, but others in my group who did were satisfied. There is also a pool and small gym on site.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was not our first stay - generally stay here for at least an overnight on our way to Vermont after flying in from Arizona. Hotel is always comfortable, but the service has gotten even better. Everyone we encountered stopped to not only greet us, but asked if they could help but did more than just make pleasantries. We really enjoyed our overnight. Comfortable bed, one the better concierge rooms, and nice dining room where you can dine slowly or have a quick meal, whichever suits you..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was staying for a quick stop, to keep my road trip in England. The hotel have a really easy access, and is close to the most important motor-road for you to keep your travel.

The room was perfectly clean, but I had two bulb lights burned.The decoration is traditional, but a bit old. But everything with good quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
south jersey
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've stayed here over 40 nights in 2013 & can't say I've had a bad one! Great staff, very responsive management. The lobby upgrade looks great. Only wish the Starbucks was open longer hours. The restaurant food is good & I'm told some lighter-fare entrees are on the way

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!