“Eating dinner at dining room was the highlight”

Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
New York
“Eating dinner at dining room was the highlight”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here from July 10th - 12th, 2014. The room was nice (they gave us connecting rooms for other family members). Wish they had microwave ovens and small refrigerators in the rooms but they didn't. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean, had enough towels, got wake up calls at the correct times, parking was free. The best part was the dinner all 6 of us had in their dining room. The manager was very personable and the service was top notch. The food was terrific and the portions were very large (esp the appetizers). We throughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms are good, though a little small, especially the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The coffee in the room was surprisingly flavorful!

Points for improvement:
1. Rooms should have free WiFi. Come on, don't be so stingy!!

2. Restaurant menu needs to expand. I stayed for two weeks, and ran out of options very soon. Vegetarian options are extremely limited.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First of all, the hotel was clean and comfortable. But the best experience was when I left my eyeglasses in my room. I live over 500 miles away so it wasn't until a week after my stay that I realized that I must have left them in my hotel room. I called Marriott Windsor and they didn't have anything in their lost and found, but they went back to my room to look again. They searched and found my glasses behind the nightstand. If it wasn't enought that they went back and searched the room for me, they shipped me my glasses for free! What a great customer service experience. I always love staying here for conferences.

1 Thank EJ R
Goshen, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in late June. It was located much closer to the University of Hartford than I thought it would be. The room was very quiet. The only thing you heard was a door slam early in the morning(I think we need to start a campaign against this practice!...just because you are up a 6:00am doesn't mean the rest of your floor mates need to be awake too). There was no hallway noise or adjacent room noise at all. We ordered room service which was prompt, courteous and very tasty. We also ate in the restaurant. The food was good and the chef came out to introduce himself, which was nice. Sadly, I got half of my martini dumped in my lap and on my dinner by the waitress. She was very apologetic and embarassed(accidents happen) but she should have at least offered to replace it or take it off my bill. This would not deter me from staying there again however as the rest of the experience was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaddogGoshen
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel for pleasure and had a wonderful dinner. The hotel has been remodeled and looks great. The bathroom is still small. The room was quiet and comfortable. It offers a shuttle to the Bradley airport. The hotel is right off 91. It is like a luxury hotel for half the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Northeast
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice hotel, convenient to airport, great shuttle service and attentive staff. Was greeted well and quickly processed in. Very nice exercise room. Restaurant on site was just "meh," as my kids would say. Ok service, once I made it clear I was present and was intending to eat, but while I sat there waiting for service, I watched a couple of folks walk in and walk away because no one acknowledged their presence. Staff was light for how busy the area was, but I watched - staff were not occupied at the time they lost the customers.

Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice, clean, comfortable! Adequate parking with convenience to elevator/rooms.
Utilized the shuttle service for a quick trip to a local bar-great service!
Shuttle service also utilized for daily trips for a group of us to local business-efficient, friendly, and on time every time.
Typical hotel bar, room service, on site restaurant. Starbucks coffee bar available until noon.
They accommodated an early check in and actually fulfilled my room location request without me having to request in person (utilized form online when making reservation)

Would definitely return- nothing to complain about

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!