“Outstanding!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I must compliment the management of the Marriott Hartford/WIndsor hotel. My experience here was outstanding. From check in, I noticed the extra effort. I was immediately recognized as a Marriott Rewards member. After checking in, the front desk person walked around the desk to greet me and hand me my key and offered to show me around. I have never had a front desk staff person do this before. The guest checking in beside me was given the same treatment. While looking at the interactive map in the lobby, I was enthusiastically greeted by a driver of one of the free shuttles offered by the hotel to take you anywhere you want to go in Windsor. He gave me great tips about things to do and see. The lobby is very nice with lots of places to relax and meet with people, with a great water feature creating a wonderful waterfall sound. My room was exactly what my rewards profile indicates is my preference. I explored the vending machines on each floor looking for juice, and finding none, I asked the Melanie at the front desk, and she went and got me one from the restaurant. Very nice. My room was amazingly comfortable. Nice job!! Thank you!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bessemer, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I came in as a brand new reservation on a busy night. i had managed to snag the last room they had available. from beginning to end.... my stay was wonderful! Alfred who brought me up a refrigerator was awesome - he is a very sweet and humble man. Noel and Elaina in the restaurant were both very pleasant, Elaina seemed like she had a bad start to her day but ended up turning her attitude around towards the end of my dining experience. Aidan Summer and Melanie at the front desk were phenomenal. aidan was very informative, summer seemed upset but I did not have many transactions with her. Melanie was excellent. Thank you to all of the staff here, you guys made an otherwise horrible day end quite will and all of the staff should be thanked.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Benalmadena, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

After 2 missed flights and lumping around a sick 7 month old baby all over London Heathrow I have never been so happy to see a hotel in my life.

We were put here whilst waiting for a new flight after being delayed and it was a great quick visit.

The room we were put in was a nice size, they arranged a baby cot for us at short notice and even let us order off the bar menu for room service.

The receptionist also asked about our day and after explaining it she kindly gave us the wifi password for free as she could see I was quite distressed.

The food was lovely and the cleanliness of the room was a good standard. We didn't spend much time here as it was literally a stop over but it is a nice hotel with good potential.

Room Tip: We had a twin room which overlooked the car park and it was very quiet considering the motorway to t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Middleburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We walked in the door and were immediately welcomed and helped. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly, which was definately a pleasure. The room was clean and comfortable. I do wish that refridgerators were standard in the rooms and didn't have to be requested, but we made do. The rooms and beds were updated and nice, while the bathroom was a little out of date. However, the bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure and the shower head was nice and high (I am 6'2" and hate having to bend down to get under the shower head). So the nice high shower head definately trumps the slightly out of date bathroom, plus it was nice and clean, which is also a huge positive. The pool was nice, and the kids enjoyed it. The hotel bar was nice, and I enjoyed that. All in all, very nice and would stay again.

Room Tip: request a fridge if you need one.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just underwent a renovation 3 months ago, nicely designed rooms, very upbeat colors. Close to airport, directly across from a full service Marriott. Fridge, microwave, LCD TV in all rooms. Very friendly Front Desk staff, ample free parking. As in all of the Courtyard brand there is no free breakfast. They have a Bistro concept of prepared foods and sometime it takes a bit for your order to arrive. Average sized pool, very small exercise room with a handful of treadmills and limited free weights. Ask the front desk for a list of nearby restaurants, they've compiled a comprehensive list. I tried the Union St Tavern, 10 minute drive, very good local choice. Overall a very good choice for the business or recreational traveler.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank edtoby007
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here from July 10th - 12th, 2014. The room was nice (they gave us connecting rooms for other family members). Wish they had microwave ovens and small refrigerators in the rooms but they didn't. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean, had enough towels, got wake up calls at the correct times, parking was free. The best part was the dinner all 6 of us had in their dining room. The manager was very personable and the service was top notch. The food was terrific and the portions were very large (esp the appetizers). We throughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms are good, though a little small, especially the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The coffee in the room was surprisingly flavorful!

Points for improvement:
1. Rooms should have free WiFi. Come on, don't be so stingy!!

2. Restaurant menu needs to expand. I stayed for two weeks, and ran out of options very soon. Vegetarian options are extremely limited.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport? Share your experiences!