I'm a Hilton Honors member who travels frequently and to Hartford/Windsor are for business. Since this property completed its "renovation", I began using it as my "default" booking option for travel to the area and have spent 3-5 nights per month over 3 months in the hotel. Unfortunately, I've had to accept the realization that their "renovation" is only skin deep and that the renovation didn't include a much needed staff overhaul.
On my last two visits, the rooms I've stayed in have a funny smell that I can't quite pinpoint and couldn't eliminate with Febreeze or anything else. On my most recent visit, I had to have maintenance remove BLACK MOLD from the bathroom ceiling! The guy literally showed up with rubber gloves and bleach solution and the staff was clearly annoyed that I asked to change rooms. While the maintenance guy was in my room I asked about the smell and he said it was probably a dirty air filter. He opened the unit to access the filter and remove it for cleaning and.....as he's taking it from my room to clean it....all kinds of "crud" is falling off it onto the floor and into the air....not sure the thing had EVER been cleaned.
The next morning, while showering, I realized my tub wasn't draining properly so I was standing in dirty water as I showered. When leaving for the day, I asked if they could fix it while I was out; next day......never fixed. I also don't think (on any of my visits) housekeeping ever mops the bathroom floors.
With the exception of the young lady who works the breakfast shift in the restaurant, bad attitudes abound with the room service/restaurant, maintenance and housekeeping staff. They all seem to have an "it's not my problem" attitude.
Positives: convenient location, refrigerator & microwave in sapcious room, new furniture & carpeting.
Unfortunately, the positives aren't enough to outweigh the real underlying service and maintenance problems that I've experienced on 3 recent visits in 3 different rooms. It's Marriott for me in Windsor from now on.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport hotel boasts an ideal location just minutes from Bradley International Airport (BDL). Enjoy the 24-hour complimentary BDL shuttle service, relax on one of our comfortable beds and enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Windsor Hotel Windsor
- Hilton Garden Inn Windsor
- Hilton Windsor