“double billed for room”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 25 October 2013

When I checked out, I was billed for two rooms which was correct and then two rooms again which was not correct. I called the hotel and they denied that this happened. I had to put in a dispute with my credit card company.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am usually very uncomfortable staying at a hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn was very comfortable. It was clean, quiet and friendly. I would difinately stay there again! Plus the breakfast was great. Good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great location, facility, cancellation policy and customer service ... except for reservations. I reserved multiple rooms for family for a wedding, who then called to switch the reservations into their names. 2 out of 3 had trouble doing this and ended up making separate reservations or going elsewhere. This was too small a group to qualify for the usual "group wedding" rates, so that may have confused customer service reps. But I expect many business travelers also update reservations with different names when staff change, so this procedure should not have been so difficult.

Room Tip: If asking for a lower floor (e.g. scared of heights), be sure to ask that you're not next to the...
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Honestly, a great hotel, great staff, great service, but the special beds they have are not great. You end up sleeping in a hole in the bed. Others have made this same comment. If you stay here, make sure you know how the beds work before you get in it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a stay here while participating in the Hartford Half Marathon. It was easy access from the highway, very clean & quiet, I loved having a microwave & refrigerator so I could prepare my usual pre-race dinner & breakfast, and the bed provided me with an excellent rest. Very pleased!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I traveled here on business. The hotel was in a very convenient location and easy to find right off of the highway. There is nothing in walking distance to this hotel besides for the hotel across the street so I recommend a car if you stay here and want to go off the property for meals. The hotel has a shuttle to the airport which is very convenient. The lobby looked like it had been recently updated. The hotel was very clean as was the meeting room our group was assigned to. I thought that the coffee and tea in the morning in the lobby and water and cookies/pastry available in the afternoon was a nice touch. Our room was clean and in good condition. We were in a room with a king bed which also had a couch, microwave, and mini fridge. Our room was quiet and we slept well. There were only a few negatives aspects to this hotel. The first was that our room did not have a safe. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have a safe. The second negative was that we arrived in the morning on the day that we were supposed to check-in. Check in was not until the afternoon but we were able to check-in early. We left our bags in the car and went to our meeting so by the time we got up to the room for the first time it was late afternoon. When I put my key card in the lock to get into the room, the door opened about 3 inches and the safety latch on the inside of the door was engaged. I'm guessing that they gave us an occupied room by mistake. I alerted the front desk immediately and we were given a new room. The hotel gym is miniscule and contains only 4 cardio machines and a very limited assortment of weights so it is very likely that if you need to work out in the morning (like we did) you will wait for a machine. The hotel does have agreement with the local Gold's about 5 minutes away which allows hotel guests to work out for free which we did one of the days we were there so that more than made up the limited facilities at the hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall, this is a nice place to stay on business and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I been the top of the Hilton HHonors program since 1988. Everything is nice about this hotel, easy off the Interstate & easy on. The only down side we found, was when my wife & I were looking for a table to have dinner. For a hotel with this many rooms, they don't have enough tables. We sat at the bar waiting, it took 3 people, to fill our drink order & get a bill. Not enough wait staff. After our drinks, still no open tables, so we went out for dinner. The same in the morning, more people then tables and not enough wait staff. But, its a good hotel to stop at.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the Interstate
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!