“Clean rooms and friendly staff.”

Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed two nights while I was at a conference (in the same hotel). The hotel room was very clean and the conference room, quite comfortable. Additionally, the breakfast and lunch were really good. The hotel and grounds were well kept, and the staff, incredibly friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Hartford Windsor

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I recently stayed here. The location is right off the highway, but a bit tricky to get to as you need to take a not so obvious ramp. The grounds are very well kept. There is a nice courtyard in the center that looks like a nice place to hangout, I had to go to sleep early so skipped this. There is a restaurant with snacks, but I left well before they opened. The front desk staff was friendly. The big complaint is that the mattress was lumpy in places. We also had issues with getting in through some of the outside doors. Our key did not work at all the entrances, but it wasn't a big deal to us. Overall this is a nice place and I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for staying at our Windsor Courtyard. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us the opportunity to improve. I am so happy you noticed the grounds are well kept and our front desk team is very friendly I am so sorry your keys didn't work at all the entrance ways and you found the mattress to be lumpy. We actually just replaced all the mattresses in every guest room and are getting ready for a full rooms renovation ! I hope you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in August for a business trip. Was very impressed with how clean the room and hotel was. The staff was very friendly and we were given a coupon for free breakfast on Sunday morning which was a great deal!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I am so happy you found the hotel clean, staff friendly and overall a great deal! Looking forward to having you stay at our hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent two nights here one weekend while visiting relatives in the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed time in the courtyard outside our room...beautiful garden setting. The staff was outstanding and friendly...extremely helpful and great suggestions for restaurants in the area! Breakfast is relaxing in the courtyard a well!

Room Tip: Pick a courtyard view in the summer!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments! We are lucky to work with wonderful caring associates. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Colleen and the Windsor Team.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The lobby is kind of scary unless one is a big 1970s movie fan. Things were faded throughout.
The hot tub was out of order. The pool area overly hot; making it unpleasant to sit and watch the kids in the pool. I couldn't get the curtains on the right side to move, so couldn't totally block the bright morning light. The movies had been disconnected which was too bad as this was a stopover hotel for us and we got in early enough to watch a movie. I'd told them two adults, two kids well in advance, so they should know we were using the fold out sofa, but we had to hunt out the bedding. When I reserved the room, I didn't notice there was no buffet breakfast which seems unusual for this level hotel. Once the four of us paid for breakfast, the price savings between this place and a nicer one earlier on the trip were not so much, which left me wishing I'd stayed at the other chain in this area. Sorry, but it was a disappointment. Not horrible, but not nice. The front desk woman was very pleasant though!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Courtyard. It is extremely helpful when our guest let us know how we are doing in meeting their expectations. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us the opportunity to address areas that may need attention or improvement.

I am sincerely sorry that your stay was a disappointment. We are in the process of renovating the spa area and are currently expanding our pool deck.
I’ve shared your comments regarding the pool area being hot and the hard to open curtains with our Chief Engineer. You also mentioned you had trouble finding the linen for the sofa bed. We actually keep extra linens in the guest room closet and we would be more than happy to help you make the sofa bed if needed. Although, we do not offer movies any more, we do have several television channels for your entertainment. We renovated the lobby last year and now have many food options in the Bistro! Thanks again for your comments!

We were really happy to hear you found our front desk associate very pleasant!

Colleen and the Windsor Team

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I spend here one night last month. After a good first impression (very new) I was reallu upset to realize that my room was not at the garden level (up) but at the parking lot level (down). I was feeling like in a basement
Fitness room is too small, same for the pool (almost useless). Elevator was also too slow and it was too crowded in the small breakfast area.
Disappointing

Room Tip: avoid absolutely the low level rooms! ask for the garden view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Colleen w, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry your stay was disappointing. I wanted to make sure you were aware we have three levels at the hotel so if you ever get a room on our lower level please just ask for a room on the upper floor. Our exercise room has recently been renovated and we have added cardio equipment and weights. If you ever need a full service gym please don't hesitate to ask we have several local health clubs in the area. We will even provide the shuttle service to and from the health club. I am sorry to hear the elevator was slow. I will make sure our engineer is notifed Your feedback is really appreciated as it allows us the opportunity to address areas that may need improvement.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is conveniently located, beyond friendly and helpful staff, very clean and spacious. I have stayed here with children and other family. There is something for everyone. The location is close to other businesses and the highway. I have stayed here several times and each time has been fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! Looking forward to meeting you next time you are in the Windsor area.

Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Courtyard Hartford Windsor? Share your experiences!