Residence Inn Hartford Windsor
US$68
  • Breakfast included
US$92
US$90
All reviewsroom was cleanfull kitchenbi level loftthe lower levelwooded areascrambled eggs and sausagebagelsan extended stayextra pillowsoff the highwaybedroom suitehome away from homekitchen areanice propertymorning breakfastfresh fruitthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a week for business. Nice layout of buildings. Rooms are a good size with couch, kitchen and open to bedroom. There is an ok breakfast, i would prefer non-sweetened yogurt that i can add toppings to, what was there was just too sweet. Theres a selection of eggs, muffins, make your own waffles and other stuff. Dinner they proved some canned beer and Franzia but hey its free. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Brooklyn (front desk) was great. The two drivers we had for the shuttle that took us around were also great. One is a guy from NY who could sure handle driving in the crappy snow/ice. The other guy was a cool Jamacian dude with great restaurant reccomendations. Would come again.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor, I heard from others you can hear those above you a little too easily
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
John J, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello Swingerhead and thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is invaluable to ensure that we are providing the service that our guests can enjoy! From our entire team Thank You!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We love this Residence inn. My husband and I come here every year with our two adolescent daughters for 3 nights at Thanksgiving. This year we discovered the 2 bedroom suite. It is an airy, loft-like design with a 25 foot ceiling. My daughters loved it and asked if we could live there permanently :-). Their bedroom was in a loft that felt like an artist atelier, very cozy and open at the same time. The colors and furniture are tasteful and really pleasant. I might opt for this 2 bedroom suite even if we were only 2 people because motel rooms can feel so claustrophobic but this is the opposite. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and polite, the breakfast room has a fireplace and great layout generally, not a sterile breakfast room. The combination of the quality architectural design and a great staff makes this place a real winner. There is also a basketball court I believe.

Room Tip: Go for the suite if you can. They might give you a discount if they're not full. The regular rooms are good too though.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Good Day Frankford 1! Thank You for your comments! Thanksgiving is always a lot of fun for us and were so happy to have had a hand in making it yours! Do come by and see us again!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed in Residence Inn Hartford/Windsor for 15 days in November 2013 and I would like to thank wonderful, helpful and super efficient staff of this place. Multiple times they have gone out of their way to help me and make my stay much more comfortable.

Rooms are renovated and really nice.

Good options for breakfast

Enjoyed evening get together with free wine, beer and delicious food.

They also have free shuttle service to & from your work place which really helped me!!!

Residence Inn team, I can't thank you enough for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
John J, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello Manan312!

The Residence Inn Windsor team has heard you loud and clear and we thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for a week for business. The hotel is right off the highway (91). I moved my room after the first night as i am light sleeper and all i heard were cars swishing back and forth! The staff goes out of their way to assist you. The computer in the business center is very slow. I didn't use the exercise room. Free breakfast is provided and dinner as well with free beer and wine. Loved the brand new bed, as the mattress was hard---good for the back! Affordable nightly rates. Hotel is a 15 minute drive from hartford in rush hour traffic. Would come here again!

Room Tip: Don't take a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Good afternoon lone6star and thank you for the feedback! I believe the success of a hotel is measured by the opinions of our guests and very much enjoy hearing them! We'll look forward to seeing you again when your back to the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed the long weekend in August for a shopping trip from Cornwall, Ontario. The hotel was very nice and so was the room. We opted for leaving our phones and tablets in the room because a) it's a Marriott and the other option was to leave all our electronics in a sweltering car in mall parking lots. We had a laptop, 2 tablets and 3 phones - it never dawned on me to lug all this stuff to the front desk to have them lock it up - I've stayed in 500 hotels in my lifetime and never as anything gone missing - EVER!!! People were in and out of our room all day it seems, as the keys used were logged to hotel staff. Two of them had no business in our room at all (housekeeping when we told them no housekeeping and an employee who went to reset the router (which was in a locked closet in our room) but he entered the room twice in the span of 5 minutes - once the reset to router and I'm convinced 100% the second time was to take the phone. There was no break-in. The phone was clearly on the kitchen table when we left and was gone when we came back. Compensation: $0 Was basically told that it was our fault that their staff stole my daughter's phone because we left it in the room and that it's our word against theirs that the phone was in the room. I know it seems odd but we even took a photo of the phone sitting on her tablet on the kitchen table before we left. After a long and exhausting police interview and the trauma of being so violated, John J said he would do everything in his power to help us. Instead, I spent countless hours emailing him and phoning him for updates as he never returned my phone calls or emails. I was 2 weeks without a phone as I waited to hear word of recovery or not. I received a similar answer from the Marriott Corporate Office. Diane Krobe, Mr. Marriott's liaison who stated that any time you leave your room and you leave your valuables, they are not responsible. So I said to Mrs. Krobe, so in essence, if you stay at this hotel you must be prepared to take your tablets, phones, laptops with you or have them locked up at the front desk each and every time you leave your room. She said yes. So Going down for breakfast? Going to the pool? Leaving for Dinner? Yes - you must bring all your valuables with you at all times she said. John J will probably respond to this review as he often does and I can't blame him for that. But keep in mind, I have stayed in over 500 hotels in the last 40 years and I have left my laptop, phone, jewelry, my expensive camera and even money in my room and NEVER ever have I had anything stolen. But the comments from Mrs. Krobe are very telling. It tells me that this hotel (or any Marriott hotel) hire thieves as employees and we, as guests, cannot trust them. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! Should you want more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel - that is my tip - there are no good rooms where the staff steal your stuff!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank hoserscorner
John J, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Good Day Hoserscorner,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. I have previously provided my contact information to you so should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me