“weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Windsor
New York
“weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

We were 4 adults, 1 teenager and a 5 year old who stayed in their bi level loft.
My husband and I slept in the murphy bed which could use a good vacuuming
behind when opened up. The loft was great!!!! We brought a cot for the 5 year old since our teenager were not going to share his pull out sofa and they don't provide cots.
The sleepersofa needs to be replaced. We could feel the springs when we put our hand on it. When a room advertise enough room for 5 people, I expect enough dishes and utensils for said people but hey had enough for 4.
There is only room for three people to watch TV comfortable and the same for dining.
The breakfast and the service of the employees were excellent!!!!!!!!!
Another reason we chose this hotel was because of their outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

Stayed at Residence Inn for 3-4 days before I moved in with my family to Hartford. This is a peaceful location outside Hartford, in Windsor. The hotel staff was extremely friendly & courteous.

The hotel had a well stocked kitchennette.. so we didnt miss out on our Indian food as well. The staff even helped my wife in getting the rice & other ingredients that she needed to cook.

Had a lovely pool & they organize a evening BBQ for all the guests staying out there.

Overall - A very good location for a family accomodation

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
Bloomingburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

I was a bit worried when I saw the hotel was an old style residence inn (separate buildings) however once I entered the room I was pleased to see it has recently been remodeled with hardwood floors, new carpet and updated appliances.
I received a fireplace in my room, which was good because the forecast is for snow and that kept me toasty warm all night long.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

This hotel is typical Residence Inn set up. We had a bi-level suite that had two bedrooms; a king bed in a room with a door and a loft style queen bed. There is also a sofa bed and full kitchen. The penthouse suite has a murphy bed that you pull out of the wall.

The gate house could use an update. The pool is outdoors.

The staff is very friendly. Ample parking.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The gate house lack of seating for breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2008

In town for a high school reunion, and we usually stay at the Marriott on Day Hill Road. Decided to try the Residence Inn for various reasons -- but mostly because it's the closest to town. What a PLEASANT SURPRISE. Our 2 story, 2 bedroom loft suite was just perfect. The full-size kitchen was wonderful. The staff was quite accomodating. A great experience and we will be back. Next time, we will bring our teenagers, who will love the sport court and inviting outdoor pool. (We didn't have breakfast there, but it looked like they had a good spread.)

Stayed June 2008
Hanover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2005

My son and I stayed here overnight while attending a tournament in the Hartford area. The hotel itself is located in Windsor, a suburb of Hartford and about 7-10 minutes from the center of the city. We got a group rate of $79.00 for the night, which was a substantial discount over their usual prices from what I can tell.

The rooms seemed to have been recently tastefully redecorated - ours was clean and well-kept. We got in late, and had to settle for McDonalds for dinner, because there is nothing else right nearby. We brought our food back to the hotel, which included a fairly well equipped kitchen. Although we did not attempt to do so, it appeared as though we could have made a meal or two easily. We did use the new microwave and the nice big fridge, and found them to be seemingly brand new and in great working order. The bathroom was clean and the dressing area was spacious. Our only complaint - the door to the lavatory did not open and close well - the foundation must have settled!

I slept in the double bed and my son slept in the pull-out couch bed. The double bed was "tired" and could stand to be replaced. My son said the couch pull-out was "awesome" - I think he was just happy to have the whole big (full size, I think) bed to himself! We were glad that it was just the two of us in the room - if my daughter and husband had been with us, I think we would have found the suite to be a bit small for four. The beds were small and there was not a lot of "living space" once the pull-out couch was opened.

The free full buffet breakfast in the morning was served late - 20 minutes past the posted start time, but included eggs and sausage and gravy and biscuits, as well as make your own belgian waffles and plenty of fruits and some of the more standard hotel breakfast items (coffee, donuts, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc.). We left there later than we had hoped, but fully stuffed and ready for the day!

All told, our stay at the Residence Inn in Windsor was very good. My son thought it was one of the better hotels we have ever stayed in and wanted me to rate it "excellent". I'm a little more spoiled, I supppose, so I give it an "above average", with a parting comment of "I'd come back here anytime!"

• Stayed April 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank mindfultraveler12345
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley Int'l Airport
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport
Courtyard Hartford Windsor
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Windsor? Share your experiences!