“Only Con: Toilet & Shower in Seperate Rooms”

SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Stratford, Connecticut
“Only Con: Toilet & Shower in Seperate Rooms”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Pros: Great bed, even better pillows, microwave, modern décor and bright colors. All around comfortable room.

The Cons: Toilet & shower are in separate rooms. This is the first time I have ever stayed anywhere like this, though I'm not sure that this is rare? Basically, two small, separate bathrooms, but one only has a toilet, the other only a shower.
Now, I could see how some might find this as a total bonus, more convenient for multiple occupants. I get that. But for me, I see the toilet and the shower as a power duo and I really prefer them together. And for that reason alone, if given the choice, I would stay somewhere else next time as the area is heavily populated with hotels.

Other notes, though I would still recommend this hotel to those who are down with toilet/shower singularity, I will say that as far as 3 star's go, I've seen cleaner. There were a few stains on the floor and couch, though, bed was ::spotless clean::.
Also, if you were really looking forward to the pool, it's probably the smallest hotel pool I've ever seen. On the other hand, if pool's were categorized by cuteness, this pool would be heart-popping adorable.

Room Tip: This hotel is located directly across the street from an airport. Considering that, the windows kept...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that the design layout of our rooms did not meet you needs. We certainly aim to meet all of our guest needs. We hope you will try us again if you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 February 2014

On a recent trip, my plane was due to land at BDL at 11:45pm so I made a reservation to stay rather than drive an hour home. The hotel is within about 2 miles to the airport. After a very long travel day, I arrived in a snowstorm to the hotel. Valerie was there with a smile. I'm sure I was rather cranky, but she was so friendly it really cheered me up. Check in was easy and Valerie couldn't do enough to ensure I knew she was there to help with anything I may need during my stay. The room was fine and clean. I appreciated there was a microwave and frig in the room. The free breakfast was typical, but had everything necessary. Again, the front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for their friendly service. It just happens it is also convenient!

1 Thank MrsBerry
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. This winter weather has really been very difficult this year. We are happy that Valarie was waiting to take such great care of you. We hope you will stay with us in the future when you are in the area.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The only thing that makes one of these better or worse than the other ones is people. From the time I walked in to the time I left the staff was pleasant, thoughtful and appeared genuinely interested in my comfort.

It doesn't hurt the place is eat-off-the floor clean and comfortable.

Look, this is no resort but if you need a clean, comfortable, safe and modern hotel near Bradley this is a nice break.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad one.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding you recent stay. I will be happy to pass on your feedback to my entire staff. Our customers are very important to us and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of. We hope you will stay with us in the future when your travels are in out area.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Solid Marriott property, near the Hartford, CT. Airport. Quick check in, friendly staff and nice comfortable rooms. The bathrooms have sliding doors. I have only seen this in a couple of springhills. It's a nice feature to have the toilet speared from the shower. It also gives it the sense of an upper scale-modern hotel room. Overall, I'm impressed and satisfied with this property. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so happy that our hotel fit your needs. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as a guest.

Thanks again!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I found this hotel to be a great value. It was clean & comfortable. The rooms were well provided for.

Desk service was prompt and knowledgeable.

I was pleased to find out I could take the free shuttle from the hotel to the United Technologies plant.

The only thing that didn't work perfectly was the television--it seems that the hotel is re-working their cable/network and the equipment isn't working properly right now.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you very much for passing on your recent experience. I do apologize for the problems you incountered with the TV. We have 100% complete with our upgrade to our TV and internet. We hope you will stay with us when you travels bring you back to Windsor Locks.

Thanks again!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on business before going to the airport the next AM.

Pros: convenient to airport (has free shuttle). Free breakfast with nice selection of foods both hot and cold. Quality was mixed. Fresh strawberries were nice and selection of sweet breads (eg chcoolate chip) was good. Oatmeal was the consistency of mortar. Good selection of oatmeal toppings -- walnuts, cranberries, etc, but brown sugar literally had to be chiseled out of the jar. Room was clean, internet was OK.

Cons: Room was poorly maintained. Toilet required 2 flushes for just a pee and sometimes belched toilet water up as it flushed. Water leaked all over the floor both times I showered, even after attempting to adjust the direction of the shower head. No hairdryer in room -- had to call the desk and ask for one. TV is tuned to FOX news (really?). All this for nearly $200 per night including taxes. Not up to usual Spring Hill Quality.

Room Tip: Avoid room by elevator. Had to run the fan constantly to drown out the noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for spending the time to pass on your feedback from your recent stay. We truly apologize for the less than perfect stay. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to focus on items so that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to stay with us and experience our great hotel.
Goshen, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night before an 8 a.m. Departure from Bradley Airport here. The room was clean and the front desk very helpful. We had dropped off our car at a parking lot earlier. The hotel shuttle offered to take us to a local Ruby Tuesday's without charge and also picked us up. Airport shuttles leave every half hour for the less than five minute ride to Bradley. There is nothing spectacular here, but everything is perfectly acceptable and we will return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for passing on your positive experience you had at our hotel. We are very happy that our hotel worked for your early morning flight. We hope to see you in the future.