“Convenient for an overnight stay near the airport”

SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Convenient for an overnight stay near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Well designed rooms for a family with 2 teens. Convenient shuttle to airport, rental car companies and Amtrak. Too bad that breakfast is not served until 6:30 am. Having some cereal out earlier would be nice. Spacious lobby. Convenient parking.

Room Tip: Excellent shower.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are very happy that our room met your needs. We hope you will think of us again when you are in our area.

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

When you need to be close to the airport or rental car drop off before catching your flight, this is a good place. The room got a little street noise than I thought it would, but that is why you keep ear plugs in your toiletry kit. And the free breakfast in the AM is a nice bonus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay. We value all of our guests feedback. We hope you will think of us again when you are in need of a hotel rooms in our area.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and we were flying in late at night for an early morning trip to ski at Mohawk Mountain. Stayed with two teenage boys and it was a very comfortable large sized room. Breakfast was typical but adequate. Lobby was warm and inviting. The staff were hit or miss, not rude but not super welcoming either. I would recommend when flying into Hartford for a clean, comfortable and convenient place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay. We are very happy that our hotel fit your family needs. We hope you will stay with us in the future.
Stratford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Pros: Great bed, even better pillows, microwave, modern décor and bright colors. All around comfortable room.

The Cons: Toilet & shower are in separate rooms. This is the first time I have ever stayed anywhere like this, though I'm not sure that this is rare? Basically, two small, separate bathrooms, but one only has a toilet, the other only a shower.
Now, I could see how some might find this as a total bonus, more convenient for multiple occupants. I get that. But for me, I see the toilet and the shower as a power duo and I really prefer them together. And for that reason alone, if given the choice, I would stay somewhere else next time as the area is heavily populated with hotels.

Other notes, though I would still recommend this hotel to those who are down with toilet/shower singularity, I will say that as far as 3 star's go, I've seen cleaner. There were a few stains on the floor and couch, though, bed was ::spotless clean::.
Also, if you were really looking forward to the pool, it's probably the smallest hotel pool I've ever seen. On the other hand, if pool's were categorized by cuteness, this pool would be heart-popping adorable.

Room Tip: This hotel is located directly across the street from an airport. Considering that, the windows kept...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that the design layout of our rooms did not meet you needs. We certainly aim to meet all of our guest needs. We hope you will try us again if you are in the area.
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

On a recent trip, my plane was due to land at BDL at 11:45pm so I made a reservation to stay rather than drive an hour home. The hotel is within about 2 miles to the airport. After a very long travel day, I arrived in a snowstorm to the hotel. Valerie was there with a smile. I'm sure I was rather cranky, but she was so friendly it really cheered me up. Check in was easy and Valerie couldn't do enough to ensure I knew she was there to help with anything I may need during my stay. The room was fine and clean. I appreciated there was a microwave and frig in the room. The free breakfast was typical, but had everything necessary. Again, the front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for their friendly service. It just happens it is also convenient!

1 Thank MrsBerry
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. This winter weather has really been very difficult this year. We are happy that Valarie was waiting to take such great care of you. We hope you will stay with us in the future when you are in the area.

Thanks again.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The only thing that makes one of these better or worse than the other ones is people. From the time I walked in to the time I left the staff was pleasant, thoughtful and appeared genuinely interested in my comfort.

It doesn't hurt the place is eat-off-the floor clean and comfortable.

Look, this is no resort but if you need a clean, comfortable, safe and modern hotel near Bradley this is a nice break.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad one.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding you recent stay. I will be happy to pass on your feedback to my entire staff. Our customers are very important to us and we are so happy that you felt well taken care of. We hope you will stay with us in the future when your travels are in out area.

Thanks again.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Solid Marriott property, near the Hartford, CT. Airport. Quick check in, friendly staff and nice comfortable rooms. The bathrooms have sliding doors. I have only seen this in a couple of springhills. It's a nice feature to have the toilet speared from the shower. It also gives it the sense of an upper scale-modern hotel room. Overall, I'm impressed and satisfied with this property. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so happy that our hotel fit your needs. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as a guest.

Thanks again!