SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“easy stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The manager of this hotel… didn't catch her name but was a lovely British (?) woman… was incredibly helpful with a last minute checkin. She made sure my daughter and I had a clean room at the last minute. She could tell we were wiped out from a long day of travel and actually came to our room after we got settled to bring us cold water. She was so kind and the stay was clean and easy. Breakfast was surprisingly good and healthy. I would definitely recommend this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We completely understand how stressful and tiring traveling can be and do our best to make our guests stay as easy and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again when your in the Windsor Locks area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Concord, NH
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We came in for a family funeral, rooms were very nice. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We wanted adjoining rooms but somehow that got missed, but staff was very quick to rectify they situation and we got the adjoining rooms. It is close to the airport so I did feel like a snow plow was going by most of the night. I did wake up thinking OMG is it snowing in May!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We are so happy that we were able to enjoy the hotel especially during such a difficult time. Our staff works very hard to accommodate all of out guests special requests. We hope you will think of us if you are back in the Windsor Locks area.
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After a horrible first night at a different hotel we contacted Springfield Marriott at around 8:30 am, and told the lady (sorry I forgot you name, but you had a great accent!) at the front desk our plight. Our son had a medical incident that morning. She let us check in early, and even followed up on how our son was. We were able to relax in this hotel, and found the staff more than willing to help with anything we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are so happy that you were able to unwind and relax during a challenging time. Our goal is for us to meet and exceed our guests experience and it seems as though we did a great job. I will be happy to pass on your feedback regarding our front desk agent to my staff. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Springhill Suites is conveniently located by the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service which I used. The number was not posted with all the hotels at the hospitality phone in the airport so it took me a minute extra to dig up the number and call the hotel to tell them i had arrived. The inside lobby/breakfast area looks nice like your standard Springhill. The 2 queen room was spacious with lots of lighting and a comfortable bed. There were a few disappointments that kept this rating at an "average". When I used the gym, there were no towels on the racks, and the sanitizing wipes were bone dry. There also weren't any disposable ear buds for use. I don't expect this at every hotel, but it is always a nice bonus. When I got in the elevator, I immediately felt hot. I noticed the fan had been turned off which I thought was odd since it was a 90+ degree day in Hartford. There was also a lot of scribbling on the advertisement in the elevator which looked tacky. Back in the room, there was only 1 bar of soap between the two separate bathrooms. The walk-in shower door was literally the noisiest door ever heard. In addition, it would not shut all the way which led to a huge puddle on the bathroom floor. At breakfast, there was no water. I thought this was odd. Again, not a lot of huge problems, and none disturbed a good night's sleep. However, added together it made this hotel appear to be exactly what i rated it. Average.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dayman55
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Yes we are very close to the airport and do have 24 hour shuttle service. We appreciate feedback from our guests as our goal is to please all guests while they stay at our hotel.
Elkton, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was just one stay before I caught an early flight the next morning. They are positioned extremely close to the airport and the rental car companies. Turned my car in early and took advantage of their 24 hour shuttle service at 0430 the next morning. All of the staff I met were very pleasant, the hotel and my room was very clean and in good repair. I wished I had the chance to try out their breakfast in the morning, but alas, my flight was too early. They did have fresh coffee when I cam down to the lobby at 0415 in the morning. I have stayed here before and will continue to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your stay at our hotel. We are happy that our hotel accommodated all your needs. We hope to to see you again when you are in Windsor Locks.
Shenandoah Valley
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is within easy driving distance to the airport, and also has a shuttle. It's within a short driving distance of Windsor Locks, and a few other towns, so finding a place to eat or other conveniences is very easy. There is a Dunkin' Donuts right next door, so you can get your sugar and coffee fix a few steps away.

I didn't notice any airport noise during my two nights in the hotel.

Breakfast was good, with a decent variety of choices, and adequate seating at breakfast time.

The staff was professional and courteous, the rooms were clean. The parking area was well lit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rahaal
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Yes our location is very close to the airport which makes early morning flights nice. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Miami Shores, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I canceled my reservation after speaking to a rude front desk rep. I'm sure the hotel is nice but there are plenty of hotels in that area and I would prefer to spend my money at a hotel where the staff are not so nasty.

Stayed May 2014
Heather M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our goal is to please all of our guests from reservation through their stay. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our great customer service.