“Worth going Out of Your Way For”

SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Greenwich, CT
“Worth going Out of Your Way For”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Having just returned from a one week stay at the new SpringHill at BDL, I was reticent to spend the time writing to join the consistent chorus of accolades for this property.

After, however, recalling the exceptional, warm, service, and extremely plush bedding and very appealing decor, I'd like to pass along my few observations to, perhaps, aid other travelers who might be contemplating their choices in the BDL area.

The front desk staff was quite pleasant, informative and helpful, the daily free breakfast was not only quite good, but also well staffed, with a hostess who was always hovering to make certain that everyone had what they needed.

The modern decor, in both the lobby and rooms was quite attractive, and the bedding (as previously mentioned) was first-rate. The rooms (we had a double queen) had very useful work desks, (pull out) couches that appeared to seat five, and pleasant glass-enclosed stall showers (in a separate room from the WC).

Although close to the eastern edge of BDL, the structure is rather well soundproofed, with (non-opening) windows that kept out almost all noise (only revealing a very infrequent, very slight "whoosh" from jets starting their takeoff roll on one runway).

Our only problem, over a seven night stay, was one that many of my fellow travelers are quite familiar with, to wit: the half dozen circus elephants (or guests imitating same) marching above our room at late hours). I have a strong suspicion that the same family whose many children were politely but firmly thrown out of the pool by the extremely professional and capable guest service/security gent, was responsible for the afore-referenced noise. In line with my usual experience with Marriott properties, however, the hotel's GM, working hard on a Sunday morning (that's nice to see these days), was exceptionally helpful in remedying the situation (which was, of course, strictly "guest" created).

Quite simply, a great value for the dollar!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
California
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I got into Hartford at about 8pm and waited outside for the shuttle which didn't come for 15 minutes. I then called the hotel and they said the shuttle was on its way but it may be a few minutes. At this point, there were a few others waiting for the shuttle, and then the entire flight crew from my United Airlines flight from Chicago. NO hotel shuttles came for another 15 minutes, and then a few popped in, with no one getting in them. Finally after another 15 minutes, the SpringHill suites van came as well as a few others and everyone was on their way.

Me and the driver struck up a conversation, and before I knew it, he was taking me through a fast food drive through and to a mini mart to get a razor. I thought that was great!

Then I got to the room, which was probably one of the nicest rooms I have been to for that class of hotel. I usually stay at Westins, Sheratons, and Full Service Marriott's, but this one was equal to all those, and in some cases better. It was a VERY modern room, with separate toilet and bath rooms, and nice train style sliding doors to both. Bed was very comfy, and the breakfast looked great (even though I passed on it and had to depart).

Overall, a GREAT hotel and one that is easily the best value in the area. I will not hesitate to book this hotel in the future. It is rare that a hotel stay will urge me to write a review, but this hotel was truly exceptional.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2009

When awarded a contract for services in the Hartford area this year, we had to look for a new "Headquarters" for our team due to construction on our former hotel of choice. The SpringHill Suites had just opened, and after introducing ourselves to the staff, we were truly welcomed! We were also delighted to find great room designs with the business traveler in mind at reasonable value.

Not only have we been well treated over the last half year, with over 150 room nights so far, we've never had a dirty room or maintenance issue. The manager and commercial sales associate are the best! Great hospitality, and the best Marriott value in the airport neighborhood. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed here arriving late on May 7 and were promptly picked up at the airport and warmly greeted at the front desk. The room is absolutely incredible for the price - a suite with a mini-frig and living room/office area, then the main large bedroom had a shower/sink room and a separate toilet/sink room. The decor is beautiful and the newness shines through. The continental breakfast is much more than the standard muffins and cereal and included hot eggs, waffles, juices, etc. and was actually quite good. All this for under $100 (actually I stayed free using Marriott points and it's a low category free room so even better deal). Would stay there again every time I'm at Bradley Airport - very impressive.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Wiscasset, Maine
Reviewed 26 April 2009

My wife and I stayed here on our way home from a business trip. We were expecting the basic Marriott level of quality, which is why we normally choose Marriott properties when we travel. The Springhouse Suite brand is not the top of the lines, but we really were only looking for overnight accommodations.

When we got here, we were warmly greeted by Navin, who welcomed us to the newly opened property. Very nice man, very professional. Gave us the rundown on the hotel and nearby eating places. We also met Cori Magnotta, the Manager. Also, very friendly, very professional.

When we got to the room we were absoulutely blown away. We thought we were in a European boutique hotel! The whole place was absolutey stunning in decor, room size, amenities, quality of everything. Never have I stayed in a Marriott like this, except maybe a Renaissance or a Ritz.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing for Marriott, or just what the property owners have decided to do, but whoever decided to do it.... keep it up!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Originally I had reservations at another Marriott near the airport, however upon reading reviews here on tripadvisor, I chose to switch to this hotel. The hotel is located directly across from the airport and the shuttle service is a plus. The staff, from the front desk, to the shuttle drivers and the housekeeping were very friendly and attentive. The hotel is so new, you can still smell the newness of it!! I had only intended to stay here the one time as a head start to my early flight, however upon my return, my already late night flight was late and I was very tired. I called the hotel from the airport to see if they had any rooms available. They sent the shuttle to get me and upon arrival were very quick to check me in. Overall my experience was very good with this hotel, and I would stay here again and also recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business