“If you like roaches youll love this dump”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Ballston Spa, New York
“If you like roaches youll love this dump”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Wow incredibly unpleasant. Nice staff but moldy ashtray smell in the hallways. I was in the room for litterally 2 mionutes and a small roach ran accross the floor. I promptly checked out. This place is a dump to be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank thesaratogaserver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked our Econo Lodge hotel through expedia and recieved several confirmation emails that said we were confirmed. I will admit that I did not print out the confirmation and should have but we didn’t have a printer at the time so I copied the key information from the email. When we go to check in the staff at the front desk was very rude and quick to tell me she did NOT have confirmation of our stay. After I politely explained to her she impatiently handed me the phone and told me to call their customer service. When Expedia finally proved to them that I DID have confirmation and they re-faxed the information, she was very put out by it and had to call her manager to figure out what to do. On the plus side they upgraded us to the “suite” room which had two bedrooms. The room itself was dirty and reeked of smoke and it looked like there had been a nasty brawl in it...there were dents on the walls and big scratches/scuff marks on the door and the heater was banged up. We were glad we were staying only one short night there before our plane took off in the morning.

Room Tip: Unless on sale for an amazing price, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sVT_traveler
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here with our pooch, and won't return.. way outdated and gross. I'd sooner sleep on the street. The hallway had an old ashtray reek.. we couldn't wait til morning to leave. We'll second guess Econo Lodges now..

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank goldfisharenice
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I set up a park and fly with this hotel for a trip from may 8th to may 16th. I left my car there with my key (mistake 1) I return home on the 16th, on a flight that got in at midnight. I was picked up from the airport quickly, without issue, there are no problems with LAZ airport shuttles. I get to the hotel, and my car battery is dead. Ok, The girl at the desk is very helpful and gets a battery jump-box and we get my car started. I then start to pull out and notice I have a flat tire that is OFF THE BEAD, which typically appears when a vehicle tire strikes a curb or other large object with considerable force. and my trip odometer has been reset to zero. So it would appear that one of the car mover guys took my car for a quick joy-ride before parking it. I am considering legal action. Avoid this hotel. Also entry to the hotel via sidedays is available without a key, lighting is very poor outside. I understand it's an economy hotel, but this type of experience is unexcusable.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank hedgehog11
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My husband and I have been staying at this motel every October for the past 10 years before our trip to Florida and it has always been a good bargain but I will never stay there again. We checked into our room and inspected the bed and headboard before even bringing our luggage in and it all looked O.K. but when we awoke in the morning there were blood stains and dead and live bedbugs in the bed and one climbing on the wall in the bathroom. We put one in a cup of water and took it down to the front desk and they acted as if they knew nothing about the bugs and just said they were sorry. Now I have to worry about possible infesting my home. Never again.....

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SAD583
00happy00, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Our apologies for the experience you had when you stayed with us. We have sent the "bug" you found to be analyzed by a pest control company, with whom we have a contract for monthy preventative service and it was determined that is was not a bed bug.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2010

What a nice place to be! Very comfortable beds, very clean room and Linda is the sweetest cleaning lady ever and does her job extremely well.

We had room 109, the first on the ground floor and it was a two room suite with a king size bed in one room and a queen bed as well as a sofa bed in the main room with a table and chairs. TVs and work desks in both rooms as well. Clean nice size bathroom with sink and make-up mirors separate, wonderful when you have a teenager! lol

Breakfast isn't very elaborate but offers the basics. Small but nice outdoor pool and the hotel provides pool towels.

Six Flags New England is about 5 minutes away by car.

We would definitely stay at Econo Lodge in Windsor Locks again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank funnurse
Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I booked a room at this hotel because of the Gold Hospitality Award mentioned on the Choice Hotels website. I was very disappointed with the quality of the facilities and rooms. This appears to be an older facility with long dark hallways. There is not much security as exterior doors opened without inserting room keys to gain access. Room and bathroom were clean, but furnishings are worn. Beds are OK. The cable TV and wireless internet worked well. We had a two room suite. Only the main room has a heating/cooling unit. The second room became warm during the night. There is a very limited breakfast served in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rover9FL
00happy00, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Our front desk staff locks all doors leading to the outside of the building at midnight, to ensure the safety of our guests.