“Good, clean but dated...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed here working claims from the Halloween winter storm. No other hotels were available due to the power outtage. I was able to book this hotel. Rooms are clean but dated. Walls are near paper thin. Stayed for 6 nights.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you only have noise coming from 1 side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Nothing fancy but a decent room at a good price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free airport shuttle was nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

A very basic hotel - don't expect too much, but the price for a night stay+14 days of parking cannot be beat. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt.
While most hotels start breakfast service at 6 am, we got toast and coffee at 5 am. The staff is extremely friendly. We found our car intact where we left it, in spite of "Irene" having come and gone through the area. We will be back for our next early morning flight out of BDL.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank zTraveler26
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Wow incredibly unpleasant. Nice staff but moldy ashtray smell in the hallways. I was in the room for litterally 2 mionutes and a small roach ran accross the floor. I promptly checked out. This place is a dump to be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank thesaratogaserver
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked our Econo Lodge hotel through expedia and recieved several confirmation emails that said we were confirmed. I will admit that I did not print out the confirmation and should have but we didn’t have a printer at the time so I copied the key information from the email. When we go to check in the staff at the front desk was very rude and quick to tell me she did NOT have confirmation of our stay. After I politely explained to her she impatiently handed me the phone and told me to call their customer service. When Expedia finally proved to them that I DID have confirmation and they re-faxed the information, she was very put out by it and had to call her manager to figure out what to do. On the plus side they upgraded us to the “suite” room which had two bedrooms. The room itself was dirty and reeked of smoke and it looked like there had been a nasty brawl in it...there were dents on the walls and big scratches/scuff marks on the door and the heater was banged up. We were glad we were staying only one short night there before our plane took off in the morning.

Room Tip: Unless on sale for an amazing price, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sVT_traveler
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here with our pooch, and won't return.. way outdated and gross. I'd sooner sleep on the street. The hallway had an old ashtray reek.. we couldn't wait til morning to leave. We'll second guess Econo Lodges now..

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank goldfisharenice
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I set up a park and fly with this hotel for a trip from may 8th to may 16th. I left my car there with my key (mistake 1) I return home on the 16th, on a flight that got in at midnight. I was picked up from the airport quickly, without issue, there are no problems with LAZ airport shuttles. I get to the hotel, and my car battery is dead. Ok, The girl at the desk is very helpful and gets a battery jump-box and we get my car started. I then start to pull out and notice I have a flat tire that is OFF THE BEAD, which typically appears when a vehicle tire strikes a curb or other large object with considerable force. and my trip odometer has been reset to zero. So it would appear that one of the car mover guys took my car for a quick joy-ride before parking it. I am considering legal action. Avoid this hotel. Also entry to the hotel via sidedays is available without a key, lighting is very poor outside. I understand it's an economy hotel, but this type of experience is unexcusable.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo