“Surprisingly Pleasant Experience”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Norwich, Connecticut
“Surprisingly Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed overnight following our wedding reception to catch a morning flight to our honeymoon destination. We arrived close to midnight in our wedding attire, and the friendly front desk attendant congratulated us and upgraded us to a suite.

The hotel itself is very basic, and in dire need of updating. However, everything was very clean and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The price was very competitive with other local park, sleep, fly hotels. I was a little put off with leaving the keys with the hotel staff, but I was happy to say I returned to my car in the same condition that I left it, and not an extra mile on my odometer.

I would for sure stay again on my next early morning flight.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed here working claims from the Halloween winter storm. No other hotels were available due to the power outtage. I was able to book this hotel. Rooms are clean but dated. Walls are near paper thin. Stayed for 6 nights.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you only have noise coming from 1 side.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Nothing fancy but a decent room at a good price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free airport shuttle was nice.

• Stayed October 2011
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

A very basic hotel - don't expect too much, but the price for a night stay+14 days of parking cannot be beat. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt.
While most hotels start breakfast service at 6 am, we got toast and coffee at 5 am. The staff is extremely friendly. We found our car intact where we left it, in spite of "Irene" having come and gone through the area. We will be back for our next early morning flight out of BDL.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank zTraveler26
Ballston Spa, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Wow incredibly unpleasant. Nice staff but moldy ashtray smell in the hallways. I was in the room for litterally 2 mionutes and a small roach ran accross the floor. I promptly checked out. This place is a dump to be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank thesaratogaserver
Brattleboro, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked our Econo Lodge hotel through expedia and recieved several confirmation emails that said we were confirmed. I will admit that I did not print out the confirmation and should have but we didn’t have a printer at the time so I copied the key information from the email. When we go to check in the staff at the front desk was very rude and quick to tell me she did NOT have confirmation of our stay. After I politely explained to her she impatiently handed me the phone and told me to call their customer service. When Expedia finally proved to them that I DID have confirmation and they re-faxed the information, she was very put out by it and had to call her manager to figure out what to do. On the plus side they upgraded us to the “suite” room which had two bedrooms. The room itself was dirty and reeked of smoke and it looked like there had been a nasty brawl in it...there were dents on the walls and big scratches/scuff marks on the door and the heater was banged up. We were glad we were staying only one short night there before our plane took off in the morning.

Room Tip: Unless on sale for an amazing price, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sVT_traveler
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here with our pooch, and won't return.. way outdated and gross. I'd sooner sleep on the street. The hallway had an old ashtray reek.. we couldn't wait til morning to leave. We'll second guess Econo Lodges now..

• Stayed July 2011