“Tiny but True Gem!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a spotless little gem. The rooms are super clean and the entire property is very well managed. The beds are wonderful. The towels are a bit small, but so what! The front desk employees are generous and friendly. I cannot say enough nice things about this little gem!

Room Tip: Close to the airport and highways. Very Quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This is an older property that is very well managed. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you use this for its convenience to the airport, you will be able to park your car and get a shuttle to and from Bradley, leaving your car until your return. You're in good hands here. This is rated platinum, which is how Choice Hotels recognizes excellence in its brands. While I have experienced some iffy Econo Lodges, and would generally not choose this brand, good experience with another platinum encouraged me to try here. I was not disappointed. There is no breakfast room here, but there is a light breakfast available in the office, with excellent hours I think it starts at 4 am. Don't expect much more than coffee and danish, but they are of good quality (compared to some Econos). The room was also clean and comfortable, if dated. I had a suite, which had a king bed in one room and a double in the other, with a separate bath. This would be great for families or friends traveling together. I'd give it a 4.5.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My car would't start when I got back to it after leaving it for two weeks at Econo Lodge. Not only did Jennifer, the desk clerk, help me get it started by jumping me off her own car, but she did this in the freezing cold with graciousness and a smile.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed overnight following our wedding reception to catch a morning flight to our honeymoon destination. We arrived close to midnight in our wedding attire, and the friendly front desk attendant congratulated us and upgraded us to a suite.

The hotel itself is very basic, and in dire need of updating. However, everything was very clean and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The price was very competitive with other local park, sleep, fly hotels. I was a little put off with leaving the keys with the hotel staff, but I was happy to say I returned to my car in the same condition that I left it, and not an extra mile on my odometer.

I would for sure stay again on my next early morning flight.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed here working claims from the Halloween winter storm. No other hotels were available due to the power outtage. I was able to book this hotel. Rooms are clean but dated. Walls are near paper thin. Stayed for 6 nights.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you only have noise coming from 1 side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Nothing fancy but a decent room at a good price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free airport shuttle was nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

A very basic hotel - don't expect too much, but the price for a night stay+14 days of parking cannot be beat. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt.
While most hotels start breakfast service at 6 am, we got toast and coffee at 5 am. The staff is extremely friendly. We found our car intact where we left it, in spite of "Irene" having come and gone through the area. We will be back for our next early morning flight out of BDL.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family