“Park, Sleep, Fly at Econo Lodge”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Lewes, Delaware
“Park, Sleep, Fly at Econo Lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

The Econo Lodge Hotel near Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. offers the Park, Sleep, Fly program. For about the same amount we would have paid to park our car for two weeks in an airport lot, we were able to get a good nights' sleep before our early flight and leave our car in the hotel's care. The airport shuttle runs frequently around the clock, which is important because many other hotels in the area do not have shuttle service after midnight. More importantly, while we were away a major snowstorm struck CT. We were concerned that we would need to dig out from three feet of snow on the car when we returned from our vacation in Hawaii, but the very kind staff at the Econo Lodge cleared our car and had it ready to go.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marsha J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

I returned to the Econolodge to retrieve my truck on Feb.10th, two days after the big Nor'easter. I saw cars at other hotels plowed in and buried in snow. The lot was plowed at Econolodge and my truck had been cleaned off. I always stay at this hotel and leave my truck when I travel. It is clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This time they went way beyond that! I had struggled to get home for a couple of days. I was able to get in my truck, warm it up and begin the last portion of my journey. Great people! Thank you.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Janice S
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Two room suite for $79. Clean, spacious, super friendly staff. Knocked our socks off when we saw how much room we got for the money. And it was a Saturday night! Shuttle to airport was on time. Breakfast foods and coffee in lobby. Fridge and coffee in room. Not one negative word for our stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value and a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Wolcott, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

The only reason I stayed there was because of an early flight. The bed linens had such a strong perfume smell that I couldn't sleep and had a headache the next day. It makes one wonder what they were covering up. I was told that "when you return call the number and we send someone to pick you up". In the morning the shuttle had to make three stops before going to the airport. Upon my return, I called and was told to look for a LAZ-Y Fly vehicle and "go to your right". A van was "to my right" and was full. I was told I could get the next one. The next one came and the driver said he wasn't going to the hotels and to go to the stop sign. No one from the hotel or the drivers from the van told me to go to the sign that said "hotel shuttle", which eventually I found on my own. When the van came he took a couple to their car at a different hotel. He then dropped me off at the door of the hotel, I guess to get my car key and then he left . I had to walk to my car in the pouring rain with my suitcases. This experience certainly did not serve my purpose. I won't be using this service again.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you book. If you use the shuttle service upon your return look for the sig...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Judy C C
Lansing, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Very nice clean hotel. Close to the airport and they offer park and fly, which we didn't need. Reasonably priced. Desk clerk was very efficient and helpful. Breakfast wasn't much, but was available at 4 AM which we needed. Nice two room suite. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhilMaine2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Not a four seasons hotel, but very efficient and economical for an early morning flight. Staff was friendly and shuttle was timely. Continental breakfast was available as early as 4:00 am. Definitely would stay again

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charwoodpup
Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Only crashed here for one night. Arrived very late and was greeted by a friendly front desk person, very helpful and went the extra mile. We were upgraded to a suite for our stay. Room was huge and clean. Only negative is the decor, very outdated. Highly recommended for a low cost stay near the airport. Doallr Rental Car is just down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple