Quality Inn
US$243
US$196
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport(Windsor Locks)(Great Value!)
US$98
Fairfield Inn
US$77
US$66
Hotwire.com
All reviewsattached restaurantboth waysbradley airportpark sleep flylong term parking
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a week in July and then again in September. The hotel was just a mile away from the airport. The staff esp the housekeeping was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I traveled to Hartford for the reunion of my Dad's fighter squadron, and this hotel was the headquarters hotel. It's right at the airport if you're flying in or out (we drove in from Pittsburgh), and is just a few miles from the New England Air Museum, home to the 57th Fighter Group. The museum is worth seeing if you're in the area.
Our rooms, one with a king, one with two doubles, were pretty scruffy: sliding doors with screens tattered, some inoperable, furniture stained and shabby, but cleaned up as best they could. Iron and ironing board in room, hairdryer, basic amenities (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, shower cap) are supplied. Bathroom was clean, and towels OK. Shower water pressure so-so, plenty of hot water. There is a coffee maker (mine had 4 packs of decaf :-(). There was no microwave or minibar, and the ice was quite a hike away. Vending machines reasonably close. There was a desk with free wired (cable supplied) internet that worked fine. Light was decent, both at the desk and bedside. Big TV--never turned it on so can't comment on condition or available shows. There was an alarm clock if you wisely don't count on wake-up calls. For what it's worth, I thought the bed quite comfortable, but I can sleep about anywhere.
The worst thing about the room was the almost-locker-room stuffiness when I walked in. Fortunately, my sliding door, with a bit of prodding, did open, and running the fan with the door open did wonders. Even later the room felt much fresher. Must have been ages since anybody bothered to open the door.
Breakfast buffet would have been nice if they could have kept up. This is a management problem as they were seriously understaffed. All present tried their hardest to keep buffet supplied and coffee servers filled, but they were overmatched. Quality not bad once you get it. And there was a daily happy hour buffet that was very nice. In fact, the sports bar in the lobby is a decent place to spend the evening with friendly waitstaff. I thought the banquet the hotel put on for the group was more than adequate, too.
If you have kids or like to swim, the pool looked great. Indoor and outdoor, with a connecting passthrough. Just don't go outside by the pool off season--the door locks, and your room "key" won't open it. Scaling the wall not for the elderly, but no problem for us older boomers.
I've certainly had better value, but the Ramada was good enough that I'd stay there again for the convenience of being right on the scene of the festivities.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I did the park, sleep and fly package. I parked my car in the lot and was informed that they have security and just park it anywhere. Upon returning on the shuttle from the airport to retieve my vehicle, the shuttle driver helped me out with the bags to my vehicle and we noticed that the back window was smashed and the entire contents were gone. I went to the front desk at 1;30am and was told by the night clerk, I have no idea, do you want to call the police. The police came and were so very helpful. The only person that really seemed to care and to listen. I went back inside to ask the managers name or if anyone knew when this happened and I was handed a card and told to call during the day and ask for Bob Smith, the manager. I did, and was told, it happened sometime last week and we taped up the window and re-locked your door. Thanks for the duct tape all over the roof and door that took off the paint. I asked, did you think about contacting me since you have all my contact information, I was told no. Then I asked what the hotel was going to do, and was told, "WE are not responsible, this happens often".
Well, you think you could have told me this before I paid to park in a so-called secure lot...
Beware, DON'T, park your vehicle here if you want it back in one piece........

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pjkoala
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I liked this hotel. It was clean and staff was nice. DJ took our reservation and was exstreamly nice and helpful. I would of like to thank him in person but we checked in on his day off. Parking was easy, There was a good resturant on site. Bathroom was clean and big. Room was big. Next time I stay here though I will request an up stairs room. The sliding door was nice to pack and un pack our car but I didnt feel quite safe with the lock nor saftey of it. If some one wanted in I dont think they would of had a problem. This does seem like a safe area, dont get me wrong, but it is out side of hartford. Nice mini breakfast in the am for early flights. Shuttle bus could use a scrubbing but it gets you where you need to be on time and thats a good thing. This was the first hotel that DID NOT give me a hard time for parking for 2 weeks. Most others said NO or wanted a fee or parking garage site. I will stay here again. Oh I did not use the pool but it was a indoor and outdoor one and looked nice, would use if had more time. Any ????'s feel free to ask me.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

We stayed here because we had an early flight out of bradley airport. We loved the hotel. The rooms were new england style with a balcony. The size of the room made it easy for the 4 of us to manuver around. In the morning, tbefore the buffet opens, you can get muffins and coffee before the shuttle brings you to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family