“kids loved it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
East Hartford, Connecticut
“kids loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

the room was pretty big and clean....I got the room closet to the pool area so that was a plus I had the option to choose ;D I got the room for my daughters bday so they can go swimming the price was really cheap $81....the pool was a heated indoor pool no one was swimming but us we had the pool for ourselves!!!! love love love I will definetly go back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is truly appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The staff at this location totally went the extra mile to make my stay so enjoyable.I received so much personalized attention at this hotel..I felt like the staff was family.
It started with Jim the hotel manager.My sincerest thanks go out to Mitch, Phyllis, Melissa,Joe,Jennifer,Aimee,Ty,Jamal,and Mike. I can't say enough nice words about these people.Also this location has an amazing indoor pool.I highly recommend this hotel property to anyone.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what are your wants and needs.They will go the extra mile to assist you.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteveZ - Thank you for your 5 Star Review!!! Your feedback is truly appreciated.
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The new owner of this hotel was an incrediby attentive, friendly and welcoming man. there were minor issues with our room that when brought to the attention of the staff were remedied almost immediately. It would behove everyone coming to this location to make friends with Melissa from housekeeping. She was the BOMB! and I mean that in a great way! I'm not sure where the complaint was with food because we had the pleasure in participating in the leftovers for Sunday lunch and it was great, especially the pulled pork. There were a lot of people to content with for the face painting convention and I think for newbees, the hotel did a great job. My bed was also quite comfortable and I'm a very, very picky sleeper.

Room Tip: If you have any issues what-so-ever with your room, ask and you shall receive.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ty C, Manager at Travelodge Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
SandraCassidy - Thank you for your 5 Star Review! I will let Melissa know that you appreciate her hard work. We hope to see you again next year for the convention.
Bristol, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

As this is a fairly newly owned Hotel, I did not expect it to be as good as it was. Still having renovations to be done, this hotel went above and beyond to accommodate all those who were there. I attended a convention between the 15th and 20th of January and did not have any of the problems that others seem to have reported so far. My room was clean and I only stayed in there to sleep, so I was not in the room much. I had everything I needed and if I needed anything else, the staff were quick to please! Now if this were any other hotel, the cost of the rooms would be substantially more than what we paid as convention attendees, $55 a night. I don't know what others expected when they saved close to 50% compared to other Hotel & Conference Centers. As it is new, I am sure that Mitch will be making quite a few changes over the next year that will make the place better. I don't care for the negativity that this hotel has received from others as they are making arrogant claims at a low price.

I will definitely be staying there again when I am in the area and will make sure I bring my swimsuit! :) I can't wait to see what changes Mitch has in store for his property and I am sure they will blow the negativity out of the water!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel L - Thank you for taking the time to post your 5 Star Review. We appreciate the feedback. We hope that you can join us again next year.
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for the East Coast Face & Body Painting Convention. As a hotel manager myself I am very critical of other properties. The staff at Hills point were friendly and accommodating. The hotel is in the process of being renovated and so far they have done an impeccable job. The lobby is spacious and inviting and there is a ton of space where large groups can spread out and relax. I didn't get a chance to use the pool but I did see many people taking advantage of it. There were minor issues with housekeeping, however when brought to the attention of the front desk they were remedied immediately. (I have seen other posts and it is hard for anyone to fix a problem if the hotel didn't know it existed.)The hotel manager bent over backwards to accommodate our group and keep us happy. He genuinely cares about his property and the guests who stay there. Kudos for the great customer service.

1 Thank vacationmommie
vacationmommie - Thank you for your 4 Star Review. We hope that we see you and the crew again in 2015.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Moldy walls, hair in the tub, Doritos on the flooor (we didn't bring doritios), dirty tissue on the side of the dresser. I understand this hotel is in the process of being renovated but these issues have to do with an older building. The maids just are not doing there job. The beds were not very comfortable and the comforter was torn. When I arrived I was very impressed with the lobby, but that is where the positive ended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

First let me say that I was there for a convention and received a special rate of $55. I was surprised how nice it was for that price. I heard a lot of complaints but I honestly didn't understand why. Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, sheets, and toiletries. My bed was very comfortable. There were a few things outdated like popcorn ceilings and a conference/eating area however this didn't bother me at all, some parts had already been renovated like the marble floors and high granite countertops in the bathrooms. This was my first convention and I was surprised at how accommodating the hotel was to our group! Some of us stayed up till 4 am painting in the conference rooms as well as some of the open common areas.( And no, they were not quiet!) I don't know too many places that would allow this for several nights in a row. I was upset about the two separate breakfasts at first, however when I learned that this was part of our negotiation on the room prices I couldn't very well blame the owner at all. On the first day he brought out hard boiled eggs after seeing my disappointment at all the starches and breads offered and kept his promise to continue offering them everyday. As the weekend progressed he did offer hot breakfast food (even omelets) on two occasions which he didn't have to do per the agreement. I liked that they offered a shuttle, however on the day of my departure it had been cancelled because the driver had to leave early, I was given no notice and had about 10 minutes to scramble for another ride from people I barely knew. (Thanks guys!) I blame this on one staff member who was not sympathetic to me at all that I could possibly miss my flight. I would definitely stay again, the pool was nice and stayed warm, the common areas were open, spacious, and decorated nicely. And all the staff I met seemed extremely nice, even had a few that were like old friends after talking to them everyday for 5 days...lol. We were also offered refrigerators for a small up charge and the owner purchased extra to accommodate us. I had a blast thanks to the staff and all the new friendships I made at the convention!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
#10 of 14 in Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor Bradley Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport

Been to Travelodge Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!