“No Thanks.”

Travelodge Bradley Airport
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
“No Thanks.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for approx 8 hours because we had an early flight in the am and they were a part of parksleepfly. The staff was really nice, and that was about it. There was some sort of syringe in the parking lot, the roof of the hotel is falling apart, there wasn't an elevator (I didn't care but not good for handicapped). They gave us a key to a room that was still occupied. We got our new room and there was an opened value pack size box of condoms in one of the drawers. That made for a funny picture. Needless to say, we slept on top of the bedding. Finally when we were able to fall asleep, people got to their rooms on either side of us and had a casual conversations at 2:30am and we were able to hear every single word.
All I wanted was a bed to sleep in and a place to park my car for the week. Did I get that? Yes, but I would have rather slept on the airport floor for the few hours that I did get.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marisa I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was immaculately clean, if worn and in need of refurbishing. The staff was friendly. The location is near the airport and near many restaurants. Those were the positives.

Negatives: There is no airport shuttle. WiFi, though free, was spotty at best and often just didn't work. They claimed the IT person was all over it. I doubt it. Upon check-in, our room had NO bath towels and only one packet of coffee..and this was a room with two queen beds, so it should have been serviced for 4. On our second day, the room wasn't serviced at all despite repeated promises that it would be done immediately. The hotel was full both nights and I have the feeling it just overwhelmed the staff. They are apologetic, but nothing gets done. And, for me, the absolute worst is that there are no security locks on the outside doors. In other words, anyone can just walk into the hotel.

I booked this hotel via a blind, make-a-deal-site. They rated this at 2.5 stars. Perhaps in another lifetime, but this hotel is definitely a 1 star. Never again.

Room Tip: Easy....don't book there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeffg773
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Pros:
*Very inexpensive place to stay
*Free breakfast (great cheese danish)
*Free parking
*Free pool
*High water pressure and good water temperature in the bathrooms
*Free printing of a few pages (six flags requires that passes be printed, but charge for printing on site, so we instead printed at the hotel)
*Free wifi in the breakfast area
*Polite staff
*Easy commute to Six Flags New England, Naatiya Indian Restaurant (http://www.naatiyarestaurant.com), and Skyline Restaurant (http://www.skylinerestaurantct.com).

Cons:
*The room had some signs of wear (mattress stains, minor water damage in the bathroom)
*No wifi in room
*No recycling
*Plastic wear and styrofoam plates and bowls for breakfast

Overall: I will go again if I ever return to the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VermonterinNH
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked this place through one of those sites that gives you the deal before you know, exactly, where you are staying. When I pulled into the lot, I was afraid that I had made a mistake. It almost seems out of place in its remote location (though it is right next to the interstate, it doesn't "feel" that way). The signage gives the impression that new owners have taken an old facility and are attempting to give new life to it. From the outside, the buildings look tired. The lobby, however, looked great, and the service at the front desk was excellent.

I stayed in the area of the building farthest away from the lobby. I think they referred to it as the extension or something like that. However, I was able to park a few steps from the door and my room was only a few steps inside. Again, the outside of the building and the entry area left a lot to be desired. The room, however, was a different story. It was large and clean and comfortable.

The bathroom has one of those newer corner "vanity" sink areas that seem to be gaining popularity, but the rest of the room looked a little dated. Frankly, those things aren't that important to me. The AC worked, the bed was very comfortable, the (old-school) TV worked and there was both a coffee maker and an iron.

There is actually a sliding glass door that leads directly to the parking lot on the first floor and to a (small) balcony on the second. The door has both a lock and security bar, and it made quick work out of loading the car in the morning. Speaking of the morning, the breakfast is above average.

My only negative is that the WiFi system does not seem to work. Apparently, they are aware that they have a problem, and from reading the other reviews, it seems that it is ongoing. I had to use my phone's wireless hotspot capability to have internet access.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My son and I stopped there to stay before visiting a college. The room was about 90 degrees, the clock radio unplugged, and the room a looong walk from the front desk. But then we were unable to connect to the free wifi and were told that they were in the process of switching carriers but I could get it in the lobby. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone but they did refund my money and let me check out which I did immediately.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 4 in East Windsor
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 5 in Enfield

Been to Travelodge Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!