“Not bad but nothing to write home about”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Service was good & this is one of the very few restaurants near the airport. Food was acceptable but feel there wasn't much depth to the flavors. Had the Sashimi special roll & spicy salmon. It was the least spicy salmon I have ever had.

There are newer reviews for Izumi

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had a variety of sushi. It was all fresh & delicious. The yakitori appetizer was good as well, but I always wish they would give you more than 3 small skewers. The hot sake was filled to the brim, so they do not skimp there at all.
The only 'bump in the road' was when we ordered spicy salmon sushi, we were brought tuna instead.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

my favorite local place to go for sushi. It looks like nothing from outside but it is really fresh, delicious sushi. I like sitting on the new bar side. Really nicely done. Also, check them out for happy hour.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Was taken here with some colleagues for lunch, and while as a general rule I avoid strip mall restaurants between liquor stores and cigarette outlets near the airport, Izumi was very fresh and delicious. Had a wide variety of stuff, their sashimi was excellent, the spicy tuna had chunks of tuna and the service was quick. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of the fish.

Can't wait til I'm in the neighborhood to pick up a carton of smokes at discount prices, so I can stop at Izumi

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Just love the food, atmosphere and the owners. All the staff is polite and attentive. The best Asian food around....we don't go anywhere else in the area.

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!