“YUM - Great Soft serve”
Review of Dairy Creme

Dairy Creme
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is the place to go for softserve. We go once a week in the summer :) Try the homemade Italian ice also.

Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

The only, and I stress ONLY, reason I'm rating so low is because I was hoping to try some ice cream and they were closed for the season. Aaagh! Re-opening on March 9 and my trip is over on the 1st. I'm one of those people who love ice cream even in the winter. Guess I'll try my luck next time. It is the cutest looking place on the outside and kind of sits off the road a bit and there wasn't a sign near the road.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

By far the best ice cream place we have been to in a long time. They feature flavored soft serve (not just choc, vanilla, or swurl) and frozen yogurt plus really good hard ice cream.
Trust me, it's worth the wait if there is a line. :-)

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This has been a favorite of ours since the kids were little. We used to order and then watch the planes take off and land. Now we just stay in the parking lot and enjoy the ice cream. They have done a recent update and it looks less like a little roadside shack and now has a pretty retro look. The ice cream selections are very good and the prices are reasonable. You also get a good quantity for your money.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Dairy Creme is just down the road from the Bradley Airport and is a wonderful little ice cream shop. They a lot of different flavors to choose from and a selection of hard ice cream, soft ice cream and yogurt. I have been there several times on various trips to the area and there is always a pretty good line, even when the weather is on the cool side, but it is very much worth the wait.

It reminds me of trips to the local dairy when I was a kid and you will see many families sitting around enjoying their purchase, and young ones with ice cream moustaches. The lines move fairly quickly and they get your order out promptly. I'll be back there on my next trip to Hartford during the warm months! The atmosphere is great if you think a lot of people sitting around enjoying a cool treat on a warm summer night to be a good climate. For me the atmosphere is wonderful, although it is very informal. It is a great place to stop by if you are staying at an airport hotel and want a nice end of the evening treat.