“Overnight stay at Double Tree Hotel Bradley Airport”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Macau, China
“Overnight stay at Double Tree Hotel Bradley Airport”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Satisfactory, save for restaurant service - slow and forgetful. My stay was a rather ordinary experience and the restaurant had only a limited choice, rather unappealing menu. Double Tree Hotel was clean and has the convenience of being without a short shuttle bus ride of Bradley airport. Generally, for business purposes it is fine, though I would think twice about staying there en route for holidays and leisure trips. More importantly, an early flight from Bradley necessitates the hotel providing a good early breakfast service since there is no business lounge at Bradley. Business travellers do not generally wish to eat at McDonald's given short haul flights, even business class - Chicago in my case - do not include meals.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob_Seguin, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry the restaurant service and menu options were not what you expected. I have shared your review with our F&B team so they can talk to the servers and consider your comments as we look to change our menu items.

I'm glad overall you found the hotel to be clean and convenient; and hopefully if you visit again we can do a much better job for you in the restaurant.

Thanks,

-Bob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gibbstown, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter moved to Hartford CT. It sadden me at first. But when I came to visit her I saw this Doubletree Property. Being a single women traveling alone. Checking into the Doubletree they made me feel warm and homey. The fresh warm cookies at checkin are always a nice treat after a long drive. The front desk staff is always friendly and very helpful. The rooms and hotel is always clean and comfortable. I have stayed at this property a few times. And each time I am welcomed with open arms by the friendly staff. And this hotel has become my home away from home. They definitely get 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Cynthia,

Thanks so much for your review. It was so nice to see you came back again! I hope you will ask for me if you come back again because I would love to meet you in person. Thanks again for all your kind remarks.

Rochester NY, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

this property is very close to the Bradley Airport and the hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the airport and the rental car location nearby. Very nice rooms and overall property. The hotel restaurant was offering a happy hour when we checked in which offered some complimentary appetizers with the purchase of a beverage. We chose to eat in the restaurant which has a menu with a variety of foods.

Dear Candy,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit the restaurant and participate in our Happy Hour. We offer a complimentary appetizer station every weeknight between 4:30p - 7:30pm that many of our guest have come to appreciate.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

One light bulb doesn't work and no refrigerator in room. Too much noise on air conditioner. Traffic jam on internet during night time. I could feel this is good hotel but I was there for one night and got a lot of feeling that was not so comfortable if i compared with another double tree hotel in US. I will always let you guys know what is going on in the future if you have problems with hotel.

Dear Thomas,

I appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the noisy air conditioner in your room. I apologize also for the Internet speed issue you had. Normally this amenity is rated very high for our hotel, but we perhaps had a network traffic issue on the night you were here. Thanks for your business and I hope we will see you again on your next visit.

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was exhausted when I checked in so it was so nice to have a comfy bed a warm cookie while I waited for my food to arrive from the on site restaurant. They recently remodeled and so the room was very nice. The staff are so friendly. I ordered room service and the food was yummy!!. Quick access to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Darla,

Thanks for a fantastic review! I love to hear when everything goes just right.

Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I chose this hotel because it had the 2x the points deal. The hotel was OK at best. The room itself was fine, but the hotel seemed tired and not entirely clean. Once you left the lobby the room and hallways smelled strongly of chemicals. The sheets smelled like they had been washed in strong detergent. I stay in hotels for work and am always concerned with cleanliness, this hotel didn't make my cut - although I would warn readers that I have a very high standard.

Dear Annie,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your room, but sorry that we fell short of your expectations in other areas. I have shared your comments with our laundry chemical vendor so he can make sure our chemical ratios are correct.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I chose this hotel as I had been happy with the brand in other cities. The room was clean, linens fresh and the bed comfortable. The heating/cooling system was a little on the noisy side, but not intolerable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle was on time and easy to use to get to the airport in time for my flight. And as always, the cookies are a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm glad everything went well with your stay and appreciate your loyalty to the DoubleTree brand!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!