“Almost as good as it gets.”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
putnam, Ct
“Almost as good as it gets.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

With the glaring absence of a fridge and microwave for the room, I'd say this hotel is very classy and convenient. I was able to park my Beemer for 5 days in their garage with no extra cost on a Florida trip recently. It is connected to the airport and in subfreezing temps a nice warm walk over. Usually fly out of Greene in R.I. from my home in Eastern Ct but willing to try something new. Room was excellent. Bed and pillows soft and friendly to a tired body. Big storm Wed. was enjoyed in heated swimming pool next to fitness center. The windows gave an excellent view of the tempest outside. 80 degrees inside. Food very good in Concorde restaurant. Braised short ribs a must. Staff from parking attendants to maids to desk unfailingly polite and friendly. Worth the price. As in, expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Christopher A, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Pal533,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience flying out of Bradley. We are partnering with our Airport here to get the word out that Bradley is an excellent Airport to fly from. Many new exciting direct flights have been added and we expect several more to be added by the end of 2014.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton last night and despite living in Hartford for decades and flying out of Bradley regularly I have never set foot in this hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised when I had to book a room last minute for the recent snow storm.

The other reviews that talk about friendly staff, clean hotel, and comfortable beds are spot on. I ate at the Cloud 9 bar which has a full menu and had a Shrimp Cocktail and a spinach salad with a couple drinks -- the food was really good, and the bar tender -- though very busy -- was very nice, attenttive, and had a fair pour (I've been to plenty of airports and hotels where a drink is really half a drink).

I'm only giving them four stars for two reasons:
1. The rooms aren't top notch in the quality of the fittings, though they are totally livable.
2. More importantly, I read in response to other reviews that the cups were changed from plastic back to glass, which isn't true and I really hate feeling like I'm drinking out of cup at the dentist office when I'm staying in a $250 a night (including taxes) hotel. Makes the whole experience cheaper and I was particularly annoyed since management said in response to another post that this was changed.

P.s. They also said that in room water bottles were changed to complimentary, and that was completely accurate.

I would recommend the hotel and it is certainly much better than other properties around the airport and EXTERMELY convenient.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we missed you with our in room glassware upgrade. All of our rooms do now have both the plastic cups and 4 stemless wine glasses for guest's convenience. I'm pleased you liked the quality of our food. We are very proud of our food quality and it is one of our goals to delight people who justifiably expect routine airport hotel food.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here as I had a 6 a.m. flight. I didn't get in until around 8 p.m. that night and the staff was really helpful answering my questions about the process to get to the airport in the morning. As it turns out, you take a little hallway and it leads you right to the United counter. That was so convenient as it was 3 degrees outside and I had an early flight. I didn't even have to walk outside. The rooms were nice, quiet and clean. I was a little worried about noise since my window looked directly at the runway, but I didn't hear a thing. It was kind of neat to look out the window, I happened to be looking right at my gate. The beds were extremely comfortable!

I ate at the restaurant when I got in and the staff was friendly enough, and the food was pretty good. No complaints here, I would stay here again.

One thing a bit disappointing with was I wasn't able to get breakfast before I headed to the airport, because I got there by 5. I'm not sure if the Starbucks was open yet, however. But it is probably not cost effective for them to serve that early in the morning because there were not a ton of people at that airport at that time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank stephl19
Good point on the early food options. Our Starbucks does open at 5 AM. Please keep that in mind if your travels bring you back this way. Thanks for the feedback.and I'm glad you got an "Airport view" room.
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had an early flight out, which would have meant getting up around 3 a.m. Instead, we took a room for three plus the parking option. The three of us took a leisurely drive to the airport, parked in the hotel garage and settled into the spacious room to watch a hi-def music concert on TV. We wound up on the club floor. In the club lounge there were oriental dumplings, cheeses and salad fixings available gratis when we got in. For the morning, there was a cappuccino/hot-chocolate/coffee machine and fruit set out in the club lounge. Caught our morning flight without even walking outside (it was Dec. 27th). This is the easiest, most pleasurable morning flight arrangements I have ever been smart enough to make.
A note for travelers whose tickets are marked TSA Pre-checked: the security entrance right next to the hotel does not have a pre-check line -- you would have to go to the main security entrance in the center of the terminal to take advantage of the pre-check.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank imbroglio
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed both our club level and that "quick" trip to the Airport!
Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 January 2014

On Jan 5, 2014 my wife and I stayed one night a the Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport. The hotel is quite expensive but you do have the convenience of being inside the airport during a winter storm. The room was clean with a nice array of toiletries.

I had arranged a wakeup call as our flight departed at 6AM. While getting ready for bed I glanced at the phone and found it to be unplugged. This would have been a disaster had we not been able to receive a wakeup call.

Most disturbing about the room was the noise the HVAC system generated throughout the night. The noise had gone unnoticed while unpacking and viewing the television. We put the TV on sleep timer and then fell asleep. Every fifteen minutes the HVAC system would cycle and emit a loud noise from the fan. Mind you, we had not checked into some Brand "X" property. This was an expensive Sheraton.

I wrote to Sheraton Guest Services and have not received the courtesy of a reply. I write to you to warn fellow travelers to stay away from this property and read reviews of other Sheraton Hotels before booking. I, for one, will not stay at a Sheraton again.

1 Thank gaile t
Christopher A, General Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear James T,
I appologize that your stay was not up to the highest standard of hospitality. I've reviewed your feedback with the entire leadership team in the hope that we can make significant improvements in the areas you noted. Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback.
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I just stayed at the Sheraton in Windsor Locks and had the most phenomenal stay I could ever Imagine. Dave Matteson just did such a fantastic job coordinating our room and helping us along the way. The staff is attentive and willing to go the extra mile for their guests. A+ all the way.

Daer Dauph04,
We are very lucky to have Dave on our team. Thanks for staying with us and recognizing him. Hope to see you again soon.
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel was exceptionally clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff professional and friendly. The convenience to the airport is a huge plus. It was so nice to wake up, grab a starbucks and walk to the gate. When we returned just a quick walk back to the hotel and down to the parking garage. Search out pricing on the internet for the best value. For an airport hotel the Sheraton is top notch. So much easier (cleaner) than the surrounding airport hotels. Will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for staying AND parking with us!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!