“LOVED THE SHERATON! Great Staff!”

Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Vancouver, BC
“LOVED THE SHERATON! Great Staff!”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.
We recently stayed here for 4 nights for a conference in the hotel.
Staff are incredible and go out of their way to help you. They won't let you spend money on a cab if you are going somewhere local, and insist on taking you in their van! It is great to have a shuttle when needed!
The maid service was outstanding. Our room had gotten to be a bit of a mess and they cleaned up after us!
Internet was reliable.
They have a huge lobby area with several computers to use, also a very big table and chairs with tons of outlets so you can use your own laptop there. If you have a long time between flights, definately come to the hotel, relax in the lobby, use the internet and grab a bite to eat. Very relaxing area.
The ONLY negative thing about this hotel is the pool is FRIGID!!! They keep it at 'room temperature', which means ICE COLD. You can't swim in it and its a shame, they have a gorgeous pool that overlooks the runways, and they must pay a lot to maintain it, yet it sits empty because it is too cold to swim in.
The starbucks is great, the restaurant is incredible (great food & HAPPY wait staff). I felt like everyone was going out of their way to make us happy and feel welcome.
On our last day, conceirge took our luggage from our room and accompanied us all the way to the airport with the trolley, checked our bags, got them through security - I didn't even have to touch our bags! Incredible!!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Hotel is conveniently located at the Bradley Airport for early morning departures. Airport traffic at night is minimal, so noise is not an issue. Before the renovation, the rooms were very worn and dated. Be sure to get a renovated room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FloridaGreg
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Recent trip to Connecticut with a very short window in which to do lots of business & pleasure. I found the staff excellent, informative and helpful. Arranged travel and made restaurant recommendations that proved outstanding. Enjoyed light dining and hotel bar - found it very congenial atmosphere. Best part - walk to gate for early flight.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Chicopee,Ma.
Reviewed 23 September 2010

After reading all the horrible reviews about this hotel Iwas a little leary of booking my park fly package. Well, we parked the car, checked into our newly remodeled room, checked out the pool, which was clean ,went to the hotel bar for drinks and dinner, food service was a little slow but not unreasonable,above average tasting, bar service was excellent . I do have a comment about the air conditioner, it did seem older and did make noise coming on throughout the night. Also, they had a beauty pageant for kids that day and it got a little noisy in the hallways. Very convienient for flying out early morning flights, went off without any problems. Overall, we were very happy.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Northern California
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I had an overnight stay on Saturday July 3rd. The hotel was almost empty. I booked an "executive floor" room on a corporate rate for less than $130. I did not notice until I was looking at the emailed reservation confirmation information AFTER I had checked in that the executive lounge is not open during weekend days. No matter. I had a really cool view (photo attached) from my 7th floor room. The location of the airport is unbeatable. Unlike other "airport hotels" that are connected to one (sometimes only one) terminal by a long walkway or tunnel (e.g., the Hilton at Heathrow, Boston [Logan], or Amsterdam), this hotel is literally right in the middle of the airport. My room was pleasant. The bed was comfortable. My stay was during a heatwave, and the air conditioning was somewhat loud when the compressor came on, but effective. Only the bar was open for dinner. A sandwich was just OK. There is a (limited) Starbucks in the lobby. During my stay there was a power outage for about a minute. That knocked out the TV (LG digital). I waited for an hour or so while it "re-set" and had to call the front desk/wait for a maintenance guy to come and re-set it. Since all guests' TVs were also in need of re-setting (and I think there were very few guests), I wish that maintenance had just come on its own. There is remodeling in progress at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JP&mom
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 June 2010

With so many other less expensive hotel choices less then 5 minutes away, it's tough to choose if you really want too or need too be 5 minutes from setting foot on your airplane flight or, take a 5 minute free shuttle from a differnt hotel. o the airport. The Sheraton is a beautiful Hotel no questions asked but, it's location comes with a high price. In addition to the high price;......the staff at the front desk the night of our stay was cold and unfriendly; they neglected to remind me to have my parking validated, they also told me there were NO suites in the hotel, but i know that isn't true, I've stayed in a suite at this hotel on another occasion; my free internet service did not work in the room, the technician the front desk sent to my room literally walked in.. did not say Hello, touched the internet cable from the wall for 3 seconds and said; Your Fine... good night; (eventually a phone call from to an internet support technician resolved the issue, the hotel provided us with the technicial support phone number and technicial support at no charge. The upper floor (floor 7) is gorgeous I will admit, however BEWARE, the decor of my room was great and the room was super clean but, the air conditioner compressor in my room made a racket. We hadn't even tried going to sleep at this point, had we, FORGET IT not with that compressor racket. According to the Security guard who helped us move our luggage at 11:30 PM from one room to another room, other guests have also complained about the compressor noises. Sadly, the room we moved into also had a compressor noise. however not as bad as the first room.
Still, for the price you pay, you wouldn't and shouldn't expect these types of problems. Problems at check out.. I'll bet a lot of guests have locked a room key in their room once or twice, I'm no exception; I was in a rush to make it too work on time after walking my co worker to the airport from the Hotel; I discovered I left my room key in my room, I needed a replacement key quickly.... only one problem.... NO ONE FROM the HOTEL'S STAFF was at the front desk. The only person there was the Security guard ( the same security guard who I HAD TO ASK to help us move all our luggage out of the room with the compressor problem the night before). I asked the Security Guard to please make me a replacement key, the guard said " I'm not authorized to do that" I then asked Where is the staff, he said they will be right, they went for coffee. Eventually one person from the staff showed up and made a new key for me. After check-out, I tried to exit the Hotels underground parking garage (5:40am) with a validated parking ticket the staff neglected to inform me about the night before, ( having a validated ticket saves you big money in the underground garage attached to the Hotel.) The problem was, there was NO ONE in the ticket booth to take my validated ticket, not a sole insight, the parking gate was closed, I sat idling in my car for several minutes or more wondering where is the Staff is at this hotel ? Eventually a maintenance worker showed up as baffled as I was that there was no attendant. The parking gate automatically lifted up after 3-6 minutes of idling. A parking attendant NEVER appeared. Like I said a beautiful Hotel but,the Hotel Staff was unfriendly, not helpful and treated you with an attitude of ' Take it or leave it...look how close you are to the airport Sir. ' Nice place but not for the money.

Jeff
(860)214-7000
Jdonnlin@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BradleyS, Manager at Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
Dear Jeff,
We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Bradley Hotel.
We are pleased that you found our newly renovated guestrooms gorgeous. This was comforting to hear.
I do however apologize for the service that you received from our Staff Associates. We take this valued feedback exremely serious.
Our Parking Garage Staff arrives at 6:00am each morning. We do have a button to push at the garage exit which will notify the Front Desk that you would like to exit our parking garage.

Thank you again for your comments Jeff.
New York
Reviewed 19 April 2010

By "forced me to share a room with strangers" I mean there was absolutely no sound insulation with the adjacent room, and I could hear the people next door very clearly breathing, coughing, snoring, shuffling around, talking at very low levels, and the TV blaring until 3am! The problem is that there are doors connecting adjacent rooms, and they have huge gaps between them so it is the same as sharing your room with strangers.

Also the plumbing is as loud as a jet engine, which is ironic because this hotel is right on the airport and there are jets taking off right outside the window, except they are nowhere as loud as the roar of the plumbing when someone in an adjacent room turns on their sink.

This place is cheaply constructed, the sheets are stiff and starchy, the blanket is cheap, the pillows limp, but on the good side the internet is wired and pretty fast, and the hotel is connected right to the terminal so you don't need a taxi or shuttle bus. And the bar and restaurant staff do try hard.

I guess if you have to stay here, just bring earplugs.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport? Share your experiences!