“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Calgary, Canada
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I came to Connecticut on a business/leisure trip and after weather issues I had to spend an extra night. When I arrived at the Fairfield I had the friendliest check in agent I think I have ever had at a hotel. He accommodated my every need and put me into an amazing suite. The room was large with a separate work/living area and a large bedroom area with a king sized bed. There were 2 large TV’s in the room and all the extra ‘perks’ like an iPod dock with speakers, mini fridge, microwave and free wifi. I had the best sleep I have had in a while. The room was very clean and modern. Also, the workout room was fantastic.
Another thing to comment on is the continental breakfast. The amazing staff ensured all the guests had what they needed and quickly got people anything if they asked. The breakfast had a huge variety – breakfast sandwiches, waffles, oatmeal, bagels, fruit and the list goes on.
All the staff at this hotel are phenomenal. The housekeeping staff always say hello if you see them in the hallways and ask if you need anything. I will most definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We never get tired of hearing our guests compliment us our on team. Yes, we are lucky that we not only have a great brand new hotel… but all members of our staff truly care about our guests… and it shows. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Don’t forget to tell your friends about your great experience with us. Word of mouth from repeat guests such as you makes us proud to be serving at Fairfield Inn & Suites!

Ron Wallach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wakefield, RI
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I had not planned to stay here but snow conditions made driving dangerous so I stayed here at the last minute. I got a good AAA ($76) rate despite the short notice. Very friendly and accommodating hotel staff. Good location which appears to be a main street within the town of Windsor Locks, plenty of restaurants. The only complaint I had is that my 3rd floor room is by far the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in, and this includes what you typically find in NY City hotels, which are tiny. There was perhaps a 3 feet width on one side of my king bed, and 5 feet on the other. Correspondingly, the bathroom was also cramped. If you can get past this, this Fairfield is a decent choice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank edtoby007
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. We take guest feedback very seriously. I’m glad you found our location, staff and pricing to your liking. We pride ourselves on giving exemplary service. I’m sorry you found your room to be smaller than you would like. Yes, we have a select few rooms on the third floor, due to the configuration of our building, to be a little smaller that the bulk of our rooms. Many of our guests find booking one of our many suites a great way to have more room to settle in and relax, and they are not that much extra – a great value! Please contact me directly when your travel plans require you to return to Hartford, so I may give you a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Ron Wallach
Vermont
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Chose this hotel as it was a Marriott, was recently remodeled, and offered a space to park while we were away (flying out of Bradley Airport) at a reasonable rate.

Professional and friendly front desk receptionists - both at evening check-in and when we were being picked up by the shuttle early the next morning.

Rooms are contemporary and bathrooms very nice. Lobby attractive. Hotel serves a continental breakfast (although we had to leave before it opened). We were offered coffee and muffins for our ride to the airport which was a nice touch.

Week-long parking and shuttle service was fine. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoy their stays with us. Yes, we are a FULLY renovated hotel. We actually closed our doors for 18 months to turn this hotel into a brand to venue. Again, thanks for your comments. Please join us again soon. Ron W.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I have used this Fairfield's park and fly option and it is a very good arrangement. If you are flying out of Bradley Airport, for a nominal charge in addition to the room you can park your car at the hotel, spend the night, and then take the shuttle back to the hotel when you leave and just pick up your car. The hotel is near the airport and I-91, and it is an ideal option if you are using Bradley as an airline hub but live in one of the nearby communities – Newburgh, Springfield, Poughkeepsie, Albany, etc.
The hotel is very well maintained. On both occasions I have stayed there, my King room has been clean, well-lit, and well-appointed. The bathroom is average but, again, pleasant, well lit and clean, and the bed was very comfortable.
Check in was efficient but not overly friendly, and there is no restaurant, although there is a Ruby Tuesday's right across the parking lot. There is also an acceptable free breakfast if you are not flying out so soon that you can take advantage of it, and there is the standard little store where you can purchase snacks and drinks from a cooler when breakfast is not being served. There is a small business center in the lobby with two computers, but they were not loaded with a recent version of Adobe Flash Player and I could not print my boarding passes (or load the Flash Player), so they were somewhat of a disappointment. The keyboards had some of the letters worn off them.
But for the price, especially considering the price of parking for Bradley, it is well worth the money and a very acceptable room. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I’m so glad that you, like so many, find the value in our Park & Fly packages. It really is the best value around! Also, I’m glad you enjoyed our guest rooms … she just completed a MAJOR renovation – literally turning hotel into a brand new property. Also, thanks for your feedback on Adobe Flash Player, that’s great information and it’s been forwarded to our operations team. I’m so sorry for the oversight. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Ron W.
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 December 2010

The hotel and staff were decent. My minor complaints are associated with free hotel shuttle (operated by one of the airport park and ride companies) as well as poor fit and finish around heating and air conditioning unit. It was a cold trip to Hartford and I waited for 20+ minutes for shuttle despite two calls to the hotel. The poor fit and finish on heating unit allowed cold air into the room making for an uncomfortable sleep.

The rest of the stay was fine. The free internet is nice, where many hotels overcharge. The complementary breakfast is OK and good to grab if you're on the run in the morning. The staff was also relatively friendly and efficient.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn for a weekend and really liked the place. It has a very well decorated lobby and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are decent size, though not great. The best part is the restaurants around the place and proximity to the airport. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to chill around in Windsor.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We were looking for a one night park, sleep and fly package close to Bradley. After researching we decided to try out the Fairfield Inn. We had last stayed here in 2003 so we had little expectations overall.

We were BLOWN away at the transformation. The hotel rooms open to an interior corridor. The room was SPOTLESS; the bathroom extremely clean.

Our king room came with a pull out sleeper sofa and a kitchenette area with a mini fridge and a microwave oven. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel offers a continental breakfast in the lobby. The lobby had a two sided fireplace and was beautifully decorated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks
Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks
#9 of 14 in Windsor Locks

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport? Share your experiences!