“Understanding staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were in town for a funeral and had several rooms at this property. Staff universally kind, considerate and understanding of our needs and accommodating of special requests. Judy Young, director of sales, was especially compassionate and professional; she is a wonderful representative of Homewood Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_CT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for all of the kind compliments about our staff and our hotel. I will relay your comments to Judy, she appreciates all her guests and welcomes them as family. Safe travels and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

the suite was wonderful and we enjoyed the fireplace. The furnishings were very nicely done and the suite was large. The lobby was nicely decorated and there was free coffee and other beverages available anytime you wanted them. We stayed because it was close and a good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am so glad that your enjoyed your stay and that our location was convenient for you . The fireplace suites make a wonderful winter getaway. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

An exceptional value, and a place I would return to again and again. This Homewood Suites is very conveniently located for anyone traveling in the greater Hartford area, with easy access in and out of the major arteries. The list of what is included in your stay is extensive. Complimentary cocktails, dinner, and breakfast are hard to beat with an exceptional, clean and spacious room. While close to the airport, the noise generally accompanying such spots is hardly noticeable and did not detract from an exceptional overnight stay. I would actually find a way to return to the Hartford area just so I could stay here!

Room Tip: Any room in any of the building clusters would be worthwhile.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you, in this day and age it can be difficult to find exceptional value but Homewood Suites brand provides that and more. We hope your travels do bring you back to us again in the future!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you are grousing about this hotel then I'm going to assume you just can't be pleased. After some unexpected travel changes I was able to get into a fireplace suite with no reservation and provided with a list of places to get food, fire wood, wine, whatever I asked. My room was spotless, already at a comfortable temperature, decorated in a calming, relaxing, fashion, comfy bed, and more. Even the couch was comfy which is unheard of even at most 5 star hotels! For someone who's day was wrecked and didn't get to end at home with her husband and son as originally planned, ending up in this hotel in front of a beautiful fire with a glass of wine in hand was a very nice consolation prize. If by some chance they just bomb on breakfast in the morning, I'll note that but right now they were my silver lining in an otherwise horrible day!

As the manager (or someone at least) seems very attentive in reviewing and responding, I will list my ONLY complaint (and it is a TINY one in comparison to my satisfaction): I couldn't for the life of me remember which was the "on" and which was the "off" position for the little bar on an icemaker in a freezer - there was a small amount of ice in the tray but I wanted more so I called the front desk to ask which was the appropriate position for the lever and was told the ice maker was broken but I could get ice from the desk. Not a welcome hike in the cold. I left the lever in one position for about 30 minutes - nothing. Then I flipped it to the other position and - voila! - ice! I would suggest "I'm sorry, it's broken" NOT be the go to response for something especially when the dang thing ISN'T actually broken!

I travel almost weekly for work and will be looking more closely at Homewood's in the future. I will be back to CT in a couple of months and the only reason I won't be staying here is that my work location is 30 miles away but I may definitely swap hotels the night before my flight.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time for such a kind review of our hotel. We try to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. The sitting by fireplace is a fantastic spot to relax at the end a long day. I will mention the icemaker to the front desk and I apologize for the confusion. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area. We wish you very happy holidays with your husband and son.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The room was clean, furnishings were clean and comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped and the room was very quiet despite being near the airport. The complimentary breakfast topped it off. I don't know if all Homewood Suites are like this one, but I will definitely look for this chain again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you, we love hearing such high praise and appreciate your compliments. I will ensure the staff hear your kind words. They work hard to exceed your expectations. I can honestly say Homewood Suites is the best extended stay brand out there and is a great value. I hope your travels bring you to us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

On a business trip my original booking was in error and the hotel was fully booked upon my arival (my fault), The manager and assistant manager (Michael) got into action and really did everything they could and with some phone calls and computer work they got me a room at that location. For the balance of the stay the team was friendly punctual and very professional. I will be staying at that hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, We understand how travel can have its ups and downs. Making sure every guest is taken care of personally is very important to us. I am so pleased to hear from you and your compliments to our staff, I will relay the praise you had for them. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I spent the night here after flying into Bradley International Airport. The location was very convenient and the staff were friendly. While I had a good night's sleep (the most important issue), the suite felt old and dated. It needs to be updated and brightened up a little. Also, there were some crumbs (or something similar) on the floor when I checked in. It always makes me uneasy when the cleaning staff misses something so obvious. I then wonder how good a job they really did in preparing the room for the next guest. The breakfast was very good but I suggest they consider taking a look at the organization of the food and drink. It seemed to be scattered around the room with little rhyme or reason. In fact I heard someone remark that they didn't even realize there were waffles available. They also ran out of coffee and people had to wait around while they refilled the pots. Having said all that, it was still a very good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelerJohn48

Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay with us. Your comfort and loyalty are important to us. I will certainly look into and address your concerns with the appropriate departments. We will take your comments into consideration as we look forward to updates and re-organizing to better accommodate our guests. Please contact me directly should you have any further comments or questions. We invite you back and wish you wonderful upcoming Holiday season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!