“Poor Service on Pick-up and Breakfast timing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 12 December 2013

As my flight from Chicago was delayed I landed at the airport at 11.55 pm. Immediately called up the hotel for Shuttle which assured me that he shuttle will be at the airport in 10-15 mins. The shuttle arrived over 30 mins late...at 12.27 am. Worst, it was the LAZ-FLY van which dropped all the passengers at the parking stations and I was probably the last one to be dropped. I reached hotel at around 1.00 am. Wish I had known all this delay...I would have taken a taxi!!!! More was in store for me next morning..when I came for Breakfast at 9.15 am. I was told that the B/fast was over!!! The B/fast time was upto 9.00 , which was not conveyed to me the night before. I had to start my day without a decent b/fast. This was the 1st airport hotel over a decade of travel I've seen which closes its b/fast at 9.00 All in all....spending 170 grands for a Homewood suites was just not worth it. Absolute waste of company's money. I was better off in a Days Inn/ Red Roof Inn / Comfort Inn. Atleast could have saved 100 odd bucks.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_CT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. My sincerest apology for the issues you experienced in our hotel. I would love to have the chance to regain your trust in our hotel and would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This property has a great staff! The property was recently renovated. I highly recommend for business and/or pleasure. Nice to have a breakfast and dinner on travel especially with beer and/or wine! They put the home in Homewood!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_Suites_CT, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for all of the kind compliments about our great staff and our Hotel. We want to be your Home Away from Home We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again. Safe travels and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Nice hotel, great staff and excellent breakfast. The suite was clean but a bit sparse. The bed was worse than a hammock; completely broken. I literally DID NOT SLEEP. I reported the issue, manager stated I would receive Honors points. I did not receive these and am disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your compliments to the staff and our hotel. I am so sorry for your experience with the uncomfortable bed and have forwarded your concerns to the Engineering Department. I also spoke with Hhonors and they are updating your account. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Clean, nice personnel, very good quality-price. The receptionist Janett Linarez was very helpful and resourceful. I had a meeting and they offered to drove me in the morning if the driver was available.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I want to thank you very much for your compliments on our hotel and to Janett. I will be sure to share them with the entire staff. I am so glad that your enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We rented (2) Deluxe King One Bedroom Fireplace Suites for an overnight, had an early plane to catch the next morning. The hotel is located close to the airport and offers long term parking and a free shuttle to the airport which is great. The suites were a disappointment. We arrived late evening on a dark, cold, rainy night. There was only one young girl working the desk. We had to search for our rooms which are accessed from the outside of the building in the dark and the rain and they were NOT easy to locate. Being 4 seniors, we felt unsafe walking between buildings with no one else around except a man lurking in a door way with a van running nearby. The suites were tired and in need of updates. There were no blankets on the beds under the comforters which we pull back so we slept under sheets only and were cold all night. The bathtubs had mold in the grout and the bottom of the shower curtains was soiled, we all chose to pass on showers. The area rugs looked dirty and the hardwood(?) floors looked worn and in need of refinishing or replacing. The place was dimly lit and not comfortable. We didn't use the kitchen so I can't comment on that. Free breakfast was included and was "do it yourself." There was a decent selection of breakfast items to choose from and it was fine. No one offered to assist us with our questions (how to use the waffle iron etc.) but fortunately there was another guest who was more than willing to assist and answer questions. The rooms were rather pricey and we felt they most definitely were NOT worth the money. We will NOT return to Windsor Locks Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Exptraveler2013
Homewood_Suites_CT, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share the details following your visit to Windsor Locks.I appreciate the feedback regarding our suites and lighting. I have forwarded this information to the Engineering Department and Housekeeping Department for their follow-up. Please contact me as I would like the opportunity to have you come stay with us again. I would sincerely like another opportunity to exceed your expectations in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stay at Homewood Suites often. This hotel was clean, the staff was helpful and the room amenities are more than expected. The room was quiet and this hotel has a "no party" policy which I heard about when a group of early twenties checked in before me. I have stayed in other hotels in the area on a Saturday night and the parties are loud and distracting. Not at Homewood Suites. It was quiet and relaxing, which is just what I needed. I did not have the breakfast but am always satisfied with their selection (especially when they include bacon)!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the compliments of our staff and hotel. We appreciate your recognition of our efforts to offer you a quiet and relaxing experience during your stay with us.We hope on your next visit to us, you enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was in town on business and needed a place to stay while I found lodging for the 3 month stay. Although it was annoying having people walk around upstairs at 3 am, overall I was satisfied with the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments, we hope next time you come to stay with us, we exceed your expectations. I will relay your comments to the maintenance staff regarding the noise. Thank you again and Happy Holidays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!