Hotels.com
Agoda.com
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews aseania resort water heater fish your luggage mersing jetty beach front queen bed secret beach side dishes days stay sea breeze mini fridge boat transfer jacuzzi package island meals
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

The rooms are quite rustic. Basic amenities are provided, housekeeping or change of towels happen every 3 days. But they do face a water shortage problem so its quite understandable. Beach front is pristine, except for the hundreds of cigarette butts littered by incosiderate smokers. As long as you keep in mind that this is not a 5 star facility, ths is a good place to unwind. Service staff were also very friendly and helpful. The live musician on saturday nights also gives dinner time a good vibe.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Drove for 4 hours plus frm Kuala Lumpur to Mersing Jetty,less than 30 mins boat transfer to Pulau Besar.

Room is spacious and consider clean,come with air-con & water heater, just that toilet & shower place can be improved.

Didn't expect such high quality of buffet & ambience of the resort as compare to other's island I have visited,me and my husband was very satisfy.

Overall is a very quiet place to rest & relax, and price is very affordable,will definitely come back again!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aiduaclgn
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

After a 20 mn boat ride from Mersing, we discovered this little paradise !
The island is tiny, cute..perfect for holidays pictures ! Turquoise water, white sand, flying foxes and sometimes turtles..!!
The hotel itself was a very good surprise considering the price. After many small islands in Malaysia, we were not expecting that quality. This is obviously a quite old resort, but you can see everything is done to keep it clean and functional. Very welcoming and smiling staff, the restaurant is big enough to be comfortable even when the hotel is full. Coconuts trees and flowers everywhere, butterflies, we felt in the jungle ! Special mention to the food, always very tasty !

During our stay they had issues with their generator, which had to be shut down 2 hours in the afternoon. They immediately applied a discount on all the drinks as a gesture. Well done.

The swimming pool could be better, as for the floors in the room, it would need some refurbishments.

We really enjoyed our stay there, and definitely recommend it !

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank joleboloss
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Before I launch into a list of cons, I will admit that the island and setting are everything that you would want from a tropical island: soft white sandy beach, clear blue warm water, backdrop of interesting jungle to be explored or not.
However, if you don't like bats, you will hate this place. Sadly, the sound of the bats screeching made a good night's sleep difficult.
If you like your five star luxury, then this is not the place for you. Showering in salty water is not what I expect to do anymore; nor pathetic showers, weak air conditioning, satisfactory food and lots of insect bites.
Otherwise, the bed were comfortable, the towels were soft and the resort make available activities you could pay for to keep you entertained beyond just the beach (jungle guide, kayaking, cycling, etc...).
Finally, even though the staff reassured me that the impossible to connect to wi-fi was unusual (which was only available near the office) and usually it was better, I wasn't convinced.
Overall, however, I doubt I will be returning or recommending this place soon.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Samuel C
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Pulau besar is a hidden jewel. My family and parents stayed at Aseania at the end of May and early June just before the start of Ramadhan.

We were initially considering done resorts in Pulau Tioman, but the boat ride was 2 hours compared to a quick 30min ride to Pulau Besar.

What attracted me was the long white sandy beaches. Not a common sight in the better resorts in Tioman as most of them had rocky beaches.

The accommodation was pretty basic. There was air conditioning and Astro (satellite tv). It had hot water though ours was not functioning. The chalets had an old "kampung" feel to them which my parents enjoyed. They'd wake up and enjoy a Cup of coffee on the porch.

The food was decent. A lot of variety. The fish curry in particular was good. You've always had the option to order off the menu which we did for our children.

The beach was where we spent a lot of time. The children enjoyed snorkeling for the first time. There are a lot of dead corals but you can still see some decent fish. We ended up taking a boat trip snorkeling. Saw some clown fish which was really great for the kids.

All in all a wonderful stay. It's not luxurious but it's very laid back and relaxing. We will definitely plan a return trip soon.

Date of stay: June 2016