Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews aseania resort water heater fish your luggage mersing jetty beach front queen bed secret beach side dishes days stay sea breeze mini fridge boat transfer jacuzzi package island meals
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2019

The resort and service were much better than I had expected! You can't compare 5 star hotel/resort with Aseania but for this kind of resort we were very satisfied with it. The room is quite spacious, the triple room is very comfortable for me and two other friends. Food was excellent! Usually I don't expect much of a resort's food. But the food at Aseania exceeded my expectation! Staffs were all very friendly and courteous.

There are a jacuzzi and a swimming pool which we love! One thing to note is that the swimming pool is DEEP. We estimated it's about 1.65 or even 1.7m deep. There was no signage at the pool which I think is inappropriate. A pool that deep, you need to notify people.

I've always love Pulau Besar, the view is breathtaking! I would love to go back to Aseania again soon!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

I travelled with a friend and made a reservation for 5 days. We needed to cancel the reservation and they refused to do it. Even booking.com wrote them to help us with this issue but they were never helpful.
In my experience with them, once they have the money, if you later have any issue forget about any help from them. They just don’t care. All that matters to them is money.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Oxen2008
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

Third time for me and my family. Love the convenience of getting to the island via a half hour ferry from Mersing. Car safely parked in a gated area. The Aseana Resort is the go to resort on this island. Meals were far better than some other resorts I have been to. The Saturday night barbecue was good. We had fun just chilling at the clear water and white sand beach. Snorkeling was also fantastic at 3 spots nearby. Evening were spent playing pool and hanging out at the bar, enjoying the sunset. We took the seaview beach chalets which were clean and beds were so comfortable. One touch I would possibly add is to include a live entertainment which would spice up the evenings..would certainly go again...it’s our escape from the hussle & bustle!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mimigill
JaniceLimGM, General Manager at Aseania Resort Pulau Besar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2019

Thank you for your support for Aseania and your frank reviews. We would certainty hope you will come for your next escape!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

we took a 4 hrs bus ride from singapore + 1/2 hr ferry trip to reach here.

positives: service was quite ok, the staff were friendly and attentive. 3 buffet meals provided per day. the rooms were adequate. nice to chill out at the beach.

negatives: rooms and facilities were old and dated. (do understand that this is an island resort). TV was not working. bathroom looks uncleaned. mosquitoes and insects are aplenty at night.

other than watersports and playing at the beach, there wasn't much activities to do. wasnt much to explore on the island. so might want to consider this if you're planning a trip here.

we decided to cut the 4.5 hrs return journey back and took a cab direct from mersing jetty to JB. cost 200RM

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jasonteh7
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The reason this beautiful island still feels undiscovered is because nobody should dare staying at this place. Just like the other reviews, food is really bad. I still haven't been able to identify what food group the condiments were for the breakfast rice porridge. Just tried washing the experience down with their very expensive alcohol. Rooms very old, leaking, and frightening uneven holes underneath the moldy carpet. I'm surprised nothing bigger than cockroaches got through. Tried to leave early but couldn't get monies back. That's why they insisted you pay cash up front. Tried to complain to mpanager on some issues but he's insisted that he's never had any problems for 30 years. Now I know how old that picture is on their website.

Date of stay: June 2018