Curtis House Inn
US$894
US$851
US$81
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew englandantique shopscomfort foodshared bathample portionspork chopfresh fruitstayed nightsoatmealwould stay againbasement pubnunconnecticutdoloresreginaabbeyhilton
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We spent one night at the Curtis House during a driving trip through eastern states. We had a lovely room with a king-size bed. Very comfortable. Excellent decor; very clean. We ate dinner in the dining room. It was a very cool, rainy night so we enjoyed some comfort food - pot roast and turkey dinner. Lots of antique shops along the route. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I am a very sound sleeper and our room was on the street side. We slept with the windows open and there is definitely traffic noise on that side - didn't bother me at all, but if you are more sensitive to noise ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Inn was very inviting on a rainy evening. Dinner was excellent- succulent oysters and perfectly cooked salmon. Service a bit slow but we weren't in a hurry. Room was small but very comfortable; traffic was load but did not disturb sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for rear room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We have eaten at the Curtis House for over 20 years, and sad to say, the quality of the meal has really gone down hill. We were told that the "kids" had now taken the Curtis House over, and it shows. The service remains good, but the food is not what it used to be. I had the crab crusted tilapia, which had very little crab in the crust, but lots of breadcrumbs. There were more bread crumbs than there was fish.

They are now charging extra for cheese on the Onion Soup - what kind of onion soup does not have cheese on it???

Desserts which were included in the price of the meal were OK, but nothing to write home about. Overall, the Curtis House has now gone from a really great restaurant to an average so so restaurant. Not worth your time nor the money they are now charging.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Traveler5Newtown
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have the privelage of living in the beautiful Litchfield Hills with an array of fine restaurants and inns but one is my true favorite and that is The Curtis House in Woodbury. If your looking for a spa type atmosphere or a place where your afraid to sit on the furniture, this is not the place for you. But if your looking for an Inn that represents a gentler New England then this is the place for you. I have eaten in both the restaurant and the downstairs City Hall Pub and can attest that after 10 years of patronage I have never had a bad meal. The upstairs dining rooms still serve the all inclusive dinners from relish tray, to soup/salad, main course, and dessert and many of the old New England favorites like Pot Roast, Turkey Dinner, Steaks, Chops, are served along some Seafood specials and lighter fare. But for the same issue that other reviewers found negative I find comforting as yes the Inn is not "brand new" and actually it has quite a past but it is nice to be able to still go out for dinner as a couple or family and not go bankrupt. For lighter fare a full Pub menu is served in the City Hall Pub and is quite an affordable value offering burgers to sandwiches to pizza. The rooms in the inn are simple and comfortable and I have had many relatives stay there when my guest room has been filled. But to me a sign of a good establishment is the "extra" efforts put forth by management and staff as demonstrated by TJ Brennan who upon receiving my call one Saturday morning with me pleading for a room as my well had run dry, was able to accomodate me during her busiest weekend and set me up in the Carriage House. Further she advised she could arrange the schedule so I could use the room until I could "move" back home. If you ask me that is true "Yankee Hospitality". So if your looking for a quick weekend away or a nice good home cooked meal that won't break your wallet then this is the place for you. With the holidays approaching it's also a great place to put up family or friends that may be visiting.

Room Tip: Excellent location off Main Street in Woodbury(CT Route 6) with easy access to I-84. 45 minutes to Hartford or Danbury
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SAFJR
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Generally, I was quite pleased with the property itself. The room met my expectations and was very comfortable. In order to access the room, it was necessary to climb a long flight of stairs. This would present a problem for handicapped persons. Since I am handicapped, I had wanted help with the suitcases, but was unable to get the help I needed. Instead there were a lot of giggles from the staff as they saw me struggling with several pieces of luggage and medical equipment up the stairs.

I did not try the restaurant for either lunch or dinner, but rather ate breakfast at Dottie's Diner and dinner at Constantine's (both nearby).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple