“Top sea food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I eat their for dinner. You need to book a table because it's a small restaurant. I really love the mussels and scallops. For the mains, I ate a tasty monk fish. The pudding, chocolate tart was yummy. This is my no 1 place to eat.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our fourth visit to this fabulous restaurant and it never disappoints. The food, service and atmosphere are first rate, although I have to say that my potatoes were very slightly undercooked. Always busy and quite a small restaurant so booking is essential. I would perhaps say that the menu could be changed from time to time as it seems to be the same even when our visits are several months to a year apart!!! I would not hesitate to recommend this place, whether it is for an intimate meal for two or a larger party.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was an experience long overdue, a restaurant with a fine reputation. It was worth every syllable.
The scallops were a delight, and the lemon sole thick, moist and full of flavours.
What's more it is next to one of the oldest cricket grounds in the world.
We shall return!

1  Thank gl8246
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We took our friends to celebrate their 25th Wedding Anniversary. To say they were impressed would be an understatement! Everything was absolutely wonderful. I don't like peanut butter but the other 3 diners had the peanut butter parfait. Well, one said it was the best dessert they had ever tasted and another said they never wanted it to end. Well done everyone at Fish on the Green. A memorable occasion.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We visited Fish on the Green to celebrate the birthday of our elderly aunt. As we live in Wiltshire and our aunt in Sidcup, we chose the restaurant after seeing the Tripadvisor reviews and once again it has helped us find an excellent eatery. We took advantage of the two course lunch deal (a three course deal is also available), our aunt choosing plaice on a bed of spinach, served with potatoes, whereas my wife and I had the cod and hand-cut chips, with fantastic mushy peas and lovely fresh tangy tartar sauce. We each had a desert, which unsurprisingly after the quality of the main courses, were simply to die for. The staff were very good and left you alone to enjoy your food, whilst managing to check that everything was okay. A restaurant this good obviously gets busy, so make sure you reserve a table.